Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:54 pm

@Ornette: Yeah, that's correct. One thing though: there's one point too many in Best Series. You can also vote in Soundtrack category, but naturally you don't have to use your points in all categories.

@TDSA: Full 15 points for all categories?
Last edited by Oz on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:58 pm

I'd still like to enforce some sort of 5p limit per one character/series/entry

Sawako and AKFG have practically won the whole thing after Ornette's bomb

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:00 pm

@TDSA: Full 15 points for all categories?

I don't get it. :???:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I don't get it. :???:

Learn to read.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:04 pm

@TDSA: In other words: so do you want to give all the possible points for just one entry or leave some points unused (nothing wrong with that)?

@Xard: I think 5 points is too low as a limit. 10 points would be better. The system needs to be more flexible.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:06 pm

I'll make it even more simple: you have 15 points per category and you can award these in any way you like. 6p to favourite, 5p to second title, the rest 4p for your third favourite etc.

Unless I get my wish for max points per one title, that is

View Original PostOz wrote:
@Xard: I think 5 points is too low as a limit. 10 points would be better. The system needs to be more flexible.

10p is fine with me. There's world of difference between 2/3 and 3/3 of your point pool

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:07 pm

ALRIGHT, THERE IS A 10 POINT LIMIT TO ONE ENTRY FROM NOW ON. IF YOU HAVE ARGUMENTS AGAINST THAT, ACT FAST. :lol:

From the votes that exceed the new rule I'll change them to 10 - but you can still change them until the deadline.

Elaboration: You can still use up to 15 points for one category, but for one entry the limit is 10 points.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Whoa. This topic is crazy. Too many "Rurururu's" for me.

I'll just throw in my vote of PANTY & STOCKING W/ GARTERBELT.

But then again I don't watch much anime and don't know Bleach from bleach so take my vote with a pinch of salt.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:02 pm

The RUUURRRUUs are as simple as this:
- You have 15 points to be used in each category. You can give them to as many entries as you want and spread the points just as you want - with one exception: the maximum amount of points for one entry is 10. Let me demonstrate it for you.

EXAMPLE A:
Show A 4
Show B 4
Show C 4
Show D 3
- all points used and none go over 10

EXAMPLE B:
Show A 9
- 9 points used, but it's still valid because you don't have to use all points

EXAMPLE C:
Show A 11
Show B 4
- Incorrect because 11 is more than 10 - the maximum amount for one entry

---

SINCE ALL SHOWS ELIGIBLE FOR VOTING HAVE FINISHED, I RECOMMEND THINKING ABOUT YOUR VOTES NOW. THE DEADLINE IS NEXT SATURDAY, THE 8TH OF JANUARY.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Just to be sure, the categories are anime, seiyu, character, OP, ED and OST?
Last edited by toe mash on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:37 pm

Yes. To be more precise, the "seiyuu" category is for a performance - not for all the performances seiyuu has done during the year. So, for example, you can vote for Ayana Taketatsu's performance as Azunyan but not just for Ayana Taketatsu.

EDIT: Forgot the distinction between "Best Anime" and "Best Series". The former includes TV series, films and OVAs whereas the latter only includes TV series.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:24 pm

Alright, well here goes:

Best OST

Panty and Stocking - 10
Katanagatari - 5

Best OP theme

Durarara!! OP 1 - 10 points. By miles. It's eerily perfect.
Arakawa Under the Bridge OP 2 (episode 5's OP) -3
High School of the Dead - 2

Best ED theme

K-ON!! ED 2 - 9
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru - 3
Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ - 3

Best Character

Yamada first name withheld (B gata H kei) - 7
Kyon (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya) - 4
Yasuri Shichika (Katanagatari) - 4

Best Seiyuu

Yukari Tamura (Yamada, B gata H kei) - 6
Ogasawara Arisa (Panty, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt) - 5
Satou Satomi (Ritsu, K-ON!!) - 4

Best Series

Katanagatari - 5
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - 4
B gata H kei - 4
Durarara!! (Would have been real high if they didn't fuck up the 2nd half) - 2

Best Anime (not enough movies/OVA to justify this category imo, but whatever)

Katanagatari - 4
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - 4
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - 4
B gata H kei - 3

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Well done! :w00: I hope we get as many people as it is possible to vote because otherwise the whole thing will fall apart.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:49 pm

These votes will have no effect on the outcome.

Best OP theme
Giant Killing -- 9
Sora no Woto -- 6

Best ED theme
Giant Killing -- 8
Sora no Woto -- 7

Best Character
Kazuki Kuroda (Giant Killing) -- 8
Mamezo (Otome Youkai Zakuro) -- 4
Noloty Malche (Book of Bantorra) -- 3

Best Series also Best Anime
Giant Killing -- 8
Book of Bantorra -- 4
Sora no Woto -- 3
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sanger Zonvolt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sanger Zonvolt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Best Anime of The Year: Model Suit Builders Gunpla Builders Beginning G

Best Series of The Year: Model Suit Builders Gunpla Builders Beginning G

Best Character: Boris from Model Suit Builders Gunpla Builders Beginning G

And that's all I've got.

I'm going with this as well.
I am Sanger, Sanger Zonvolt! The sword that cleaves evil!

The Mari fan

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 am

Come on, EvaGeeks! There are only 2 days left until the deadline and I only have 7 voters - 2 of whom dominate 3 categories unless YOU do something.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 am

I don't really watch currently airing shows, so this is the best I can do.

Best anime (& anime series) of the year:
Katanagatari, 7
Sora no Woto, 3

Best voice acting:
Satomi Arai as Hata in SYD, 5
Mai Nakahara as Nanami in Katanagatari, 5

Too bad Unicorn and Cat Shit One are still ongoing.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:23 am

As a reminder: you only have 10 HOURS left to vote. DO IT NOW.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:14 am

Best Seiyuu

Tachiki Fumihiko as Billy in Arakawa 10
Taketatsu Ayana as Kirino 5

Best anime series of the year

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt 6
Katanagatari 2
Arakawa under the bridge 5
Ore no Imouto 2

Best OP

Ore no Imouto 10

Best ED

Bakemonogatari 10

Best OST

K-On!! 8
Sora no Wo To 7
Last edited by InstrumentalityOne on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:K-On!(S1) 10

K-ON isn't a 2010 anime brah

Return to “Anime and Manga”