Postby Santo » Mon May 16, 2011 2:04 pm

chapped up lips

Balls.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm

:mwahaha:

God Bless CDJapan. (I'll buy a BD player at some point. Probably a PS3.)

Film strip discussion here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=11403

Big image  SPOILER: Show

Also, I got my first ever pedicure last Thursday, here are the results. No, this doesn't mean I'm going to start doing stuff like shopping (unless it's nerdy stuff or clothes I need) or wearing makeup. :tongue: Posting a photo of my feet might be weird, but eh whatever.

Big image  SPOILER: Show

Before anybody asks: The scars on my ankles (and other spots such as my wrists, neck, etc) are from my premature birth.

The pedicure was relaxing as hell, you got to soak your feet in a foot-jacuzzi (or whatever it's actually called) along with a foot/leg massage and as you sit with your back in a massage-chair. Loved it!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon May 16, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

WOMEN GROW HAIR ON THEIR TOES TOO?!?

Nice pedicure, by the way.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 16, 2011 3:29 pm

If you're immediate family's European at least, then yeah, bad side effect. >_> I should probably start to take more pride in my physical appearance instead of my usual "not giving a shit" about looks. Although there are certain things American women (yes technically I am one since I was born here) do in the name of beauty or fashion I will never understand, such as spending over thousands of dollars on wedding dresses or weddings themselves, when that money could be used a house down payment or what have you.

And yes, blue's pretty. :heart: I like how there's some sparkles/glitter in the nail polish.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm

My sister's done blue, pink, yellow, green, red, and black - various shades and combinations thereof on both her fingernails and her toenails. The right color is actually less important than the right shade.

SSD, don't worry about the hairs on your feet and toes. They're very sparse by both male and female standards.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:12 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Although there are certain things American women (yes technically I am one since I was born here) do in the name of beauty or fashion I will never understand, such as spending over thousands of dollars on wedding dresses or weddings themselves, when that money could be used a house down payment or what have you.
don't take this the wrong way, but you have no idea how proud I am to her a woman say something like this

I blame the wedding dress fixation and other BIG wedding day tomfoolery on Victorianism, few ideas in history IMO have inspired so much unheralded human degradation
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Film strip discussion here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=11403

Is it just me or does the link not work?
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 am

Got merged here -- http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=459836#459836
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:It would be better without the trees in the background.
Only if he was going for heavy-handed simplicity. I think the trunk and the overhanging limb help emphasize the vertical & horizontal lines in the photo, while also managing to provide nice contrast with the sharply-defined angles of the concrete structures. Getting rid of the trees would make it look more like something out of a video game.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed May 18, 2011 1:52 am

View Original PostOz wrote:In other words: go cut down those trees and take a new photo, you lazy bastard.
:lol: No, I would've just preferred a more downward angle that emphasized the lines of the architecture. See below:

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Only if he was going for heavy-handed simplicity. I think the trunk and the overhanging limb help emphasize the vertical & horizontal lines in the photo, while also managing to provide nice contrast with the sharply-defined angles of the concrete structures. Getting rid of the trees would make it look more like something out of a video game.
I really can't agree about the contrast or lines helping to balance or emphasize the lines in the structure. The problem is that you have two distinctly different elements here that are clashing for attention, and the eye will immediately go to the one that's brighter and more colorful. The trees and the light essentially serve to overshadow the strong and interesting lines of the structure where, ideally, the no-smoking sign and the lines above it should serve to lead the eye into the background. This might work if they were shot from a closer distance, but as is the distance and angle creates an imbalance with the structure on the right and the dominating trees/light in the background. Essentially, the trees/light background creates too strong of a contrast to give it that much of the frame without something equally strong in the foreground to lead the eye to it. It's a scene that wants to be a really strong composition but didn't quite achieve it.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am

The pizza was gone in less than five minutes...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:The pizza was gone in less than five minutes...
So, EGF is your waifu?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed May 18, 2011 11:41 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:So, EGF is your waifu?

Yes, yes EGF is my waifu...

Oh what have I done...
Last edited by Tankred on Wed May 18, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Yes, yes EGF is my waifu...

Fittingly enough that pink Zaku headlight (fuck I don't know what to call that "eye"= looks a bit like heart to me

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Fittingly enough that pink Zaku headlight (fuck I don't know what to call that "eye"= looks a bit like heart to me

This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed May 18, 2011 11:58 am

[quote="View Original PostTankred":3jr8lse4][/quote:3jr8lse4]
Where's the Mountain Dew? I see no Mountain Dew.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!

...now that I look at it again yeah it isn't.

WHAT THE HELL IS IT

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:I really can't agree about the contrast or lines helping to balance or emphasize the lines in the structure. The problem is that you have two distinctly different elements here that are clashing for attention, and the eye will immediately go to the one that's brighter and more colorful. The trees and the light essentially serve to overshadow the strong and interesting lines of the structure where, ideally, the no-smoking sign and the lines above it should serve to lead the eye into the background. This might work if they were shot from a closer distance, but as is the distance and angle creates an imbalance with the structure on the right and the dominating trees/light in the background. Essentially, the trees/light background creates too strong of a contrast to give it that much of the frame without something equally strong in the foreground to lead the eye to it. It's a scene that wants to be a really strong composition but didn't quite achieve it.
What you're looking for is a more desolate photograph that emphasizes the rigid geometry and colorlessness of the concrete form, but that's not the photograph that essel took. The eye moves across the foreground and up the diagonal lines of the sidewalk and stairs toward the trees, and the trunk of the most prominent tree stretches upwards rather fittingly. Without the trees there, it'd just be an empty hollow; I think that would look a little too cliche, which is why I compared it to a video game. The only things that are of detriment to this photo IMO are the one overhanging branch (I liked it at first, but it's too dissonant with the rest of the image) and the width of the photo (which probably can't be improved, but I think if it were a little wider, giving the viewer more of that right wall face and shifting the stairs closer to the middle of the image, it'd be a bit better balanced).

I don't see a problem with the color contrast between the stairwell and the background, but if you think it's of detriment, then I'd suggest turning it black & white. That would maintain its compositional strengths but also cut down on whatever color issues are there.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed May 18, 2011 12:09 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:...now that I look at it again yeah it isn't.

WHAT THE HELL IS IT

An MS-07 Gouf.

toe mash wrote:Where's the Mountain Dew? I see no Mountain Dew.

It doesnt exist in Englandland.

Miuzaki
Lilith

Postby Miuzaki » Wed May 18, 2011 1:21 pm

This is meh sporting my Pentel P205 and Prismacolor Kneaded Eraser.

Return to “Old Stickies”