Evangelion 2.22 release date: 03/29/11

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:48 pm

For those who all ready have a copy of 2.22, does it give the international release name for 3.0 or is still just "Q"?

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:33 pm

The funimation boxart is ok, I just know if my parents see how the artwork is focused on the girls they may become skeptical
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby RMZX » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:38 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:For those who all ready have a copy of 2.22, does it give the international release name for 3.0 or is still just "Q"?

I don't think they have the title ready, the end of the Preview says "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition Q". Which is the same as the Japanese.

Lets just assume they meant for it to be 3.0 but didn't get confirmation from Khara about the international title.
:|

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Guys, this is about 2.22's release date, not international titles. (Discussion split into it's own thread.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:39 pm

View Original PostGuilt & Innocence wrote:The funimation boxart is ok, I just know if my parents see how the artwork is focused on the girls they may become skeptical

Why? It's not like they're naked or something.

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby RMZX » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Its something parents of young male teens do. They think that anything with girls on it is bound to have them stripping in some way, with something like Evangelion, where they are wearing skin-tight plugsuits, its easier for them to get concerned. :|

Anywho, still not a fan of the color of the disc. Ugly Burgundy. :irked:

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I just hope my DVD ships on the day it releases. Don't fail me now Amazon.

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 pm

View Original PostRMZX wrote:Its something parents of young male teens do. They think that anything with girls on it is bound to have them stripping in some way, with something like Evangelion, where they are wearing skin-tight plugsuits, its easier for them to get concerned. :|

Anywho, still not a fan of the color of the disc. Ugly Burgundy. :irked:

this, and they will crack jokes about it too...They have already made countless fapping jokes

They probably won't see it because I have all my movies and games in a drawer, and I am going to flip the case insert because I like the awakened unit one sketch better than just Mari and Asuka

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

fathomlessblue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fathomlessblue » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Is there any chance of additional confirmation from someone who receives the blu-ray that the disk are indeed AB, as opposed to just A?. No offense to flyingeagle666 who provided the promo(?) pic, but until the blu-rays start being shipped I'm going remain sceptical of funimation; cancelling the UK blu-rays of Fullmetal Alchemist after the second set, only to then to change the subsequent US disks from AB to A, has caused me to lose all trust in the company. Way to troll the fans.

Anyway, I personally find the new design of 2.22 to be quite striking, although in terms of consistany they could have done better. At least offer a 1.11 slipcase in the same new style or something. The UK cover is actually completely different and is of the same style as the first movie; however, funimation's releases over here are of even worse standard than those stateside. We just get plastic cases without any extras like the booklet. Bah!

Plus, theres no way in hell I'm waiting till the end of May to get a hold a copy. I'm so envious of US release dates. :P

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:09 pm

View Original Postfathomlessblue wrote:Is there any chance of additional confirmation from someone who receives the blu-ray that the disk are indeed AB, as opposed to just A?. No offense to flyingeagle666 who provided the promo(?) pic, but until the blu-rays start being shipped I'm going remain sceptical of funimation; cancelling the UK blu-rays of Fullmetal Alchemist after the second set, only to then to change the subsequent US disks from AB to A, has caused me to lose all trust in the company. Way to troll the fans.

Anyway, I personally find the new design of 2.22 to be quite striking, although in terms of consistany they could have done better. At least offer a 1.11 slipcase in the same new style or something. The UK cover is actually completely different and is of the same style as the first movie; however, funimation's releases over here are of even worse standard than those stateside. We just get plastic cases without any extras like the booklet. Bah!

Plus, theres no way in hell I'm waiting till the end of May to get a hold a copy. I'm so envious of US release dates. :P

The end of May is pretty much for everyone, not just over in the UK. People get their copies early as of right now just get lucky with with the pre order/knows where to pre order from. I pre ordered my copy from Amazon yesterday and went for the free shipping so I wont be getting it until early April. I don't mind though, I can wait unlike most of the people here....

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby RMZX » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:10 pm

US Blu-Ray is Region Coded AB. I just checked my copy.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 pm

View Original PostRMZX wrote:Anywho, still not a fan of the color of the disc. Ugly Burgundy. :irked:

It's the same color as 1.01, so I don't see a problem. Though I hear that the color scheme is meant to be a homage to EVA-02. Hell, the DVDs are burgundy and silver like EVA-02.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I wanna get my copy early and then watch it with my brother....I wanna hear dubbed Zeruel battle

fathomlessblue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fathomlessblue » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:51 pm

US Blu-Ray is Region Coded AB. I just checked my copy

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I don't mind though, I can wait unlike most of the people here....

Ha, yeah I was being a wee bit melodramatic there. Personally, I'd be happy to wait for the UK release if the quality was the same as the US copy, but I'm not waiting two months for an inferior product. It doesn't really bother me if the disk takes a while to arrive.

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby RMZX » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:It's the same color as 1.01, so I don't see a problem. Though I hear that the color scheme is meant to be a homage to EVA-02. Hell, the DVDs are burgundy and silver like EVA-02.

It fit more with the theme of the 1.01 packaging (Dull, dark colors.). With 2.22, I expected something like an actual red. I wonder why they said they added grey to Unit 02, they were wrong, they added white. Unless they are reffering to Za Beasto. But I don't think they were.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:I just hope my DVD ships on the day it releases. Don't fail me now Amazon.

For me things usually come through the mail the day after release. One could argue that I could have just gone to a store and bought the day of, but pre-ordering mean I got the DVD for only $10, and would better insure that I'd luck out again if at all there was a second chance to.

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

View Original Postfathomlessblue wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I guess a flying eagle's word just isn't good enough for some people....

Hello

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:58 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I don't mind though, I can wait unlike most of the people here....

It is a proven fact:

waiting < not waiting

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:It is a proven fact:

waiting < not waiting

I guess your right in that respect but as for 2.22, its less than two weeks away. Must we have it now?!

.......I guess your right. I want it now......

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 pm

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:I just hope my DVD ships on the day it releases. Don't fail me now Amazon.

If I remember right; last year my copy of 1.11 was shipped the day before the release, and since I haven't heard from anything from Amazon yet, I'm going to assume that's going to be the case again.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”