Official Welcome Thread Nov-13-2010 to Sep-16-2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 am

View Original Postvalshon wrote:Greetings Evageeks. I have decided that I have lurked your wiki for to long and and hope to become a contributing member.

Welcome to EvaGeeks

Where thou can have the high honour of perishing!
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 am

Hi, welcome to EGF.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:26 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Where thou can have the high honour of perishing!

You're never going to beat

WELCOME TO DIE

SKRWHED
Embryo

Postby SKRWHED » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I've lurked around for too long. Well, here I am now. I don't have much time to spend here, but I hope to contribute something. More posts to come (eventually).

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 pm

[s:1fqy7rf6]Welcome to Hell![/s:1fqy7rf6]

But seriously, welcome to EGF.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Lorkhan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Lurker extraordinaire coming through. I never really thought I'd get back into Eva, but through the grace of trying to figure out what the hell is going on in Anima and watching Rebuild 2.0, and stumbling across re-take, welp, here I am. Good bye sanity! (Again)
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:52 pm

welcome to heaven
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

The KKM
Embryo

Postby The KKM » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:43 pm

WATCH OUT HERE I COME

(you spin me right round baby right round etc.)

Hello people, I am The KKM. I've recently rewatched NGE after attempting to watch it 10 years ago and not understand half of it (can you believe it took me until episodes 19-20 to pick up that Evas aren't robots. Then again I was 9 or 10 at the time.)

Figured I'd join the forum for the lurking and occasional post with a drawing or doodle. Don't think I'll have much to add to the discussions that hasn't been discussed already. :P

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:50 pm

View Original PostThe KKM wrote:WATCH OUT HERE I COME

(you spin me right round baby right round etc.)

Hello people, I am The KKM. I've recently rewatched NGE after attempting to watch it 10 years ago and not understand half of it (can you believe it took me until episodes 19-20 to pick up that Evas aren't robots. Then again I was 9 or 10 at the time.)

(can you believe it took me until episodes 19-20 to pick up that Evas aren't robots. Then again I was 9 or 10 at the time.)

that Evas aren't robots.

Evas aren't robots.

Evas aren't robots.

Evas aren't robots.

What? They're not?!

I kid, I kid.

Welcome to die, where you can EvaGeeks.

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Xana » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:24 pm

View Original PostThe KKM wrote:WATCH OUT HERE I COME

Nice, a Portuguese bro.

I'm a harmless bunny, just beware of the carnivore dinosaur that posted above me (Aiko) and you'll be fine. She wants fresh flesh to eat.

fresh flesh lol

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Welcome Lorkhan and the KKM !!
There can never be too few ReTake fans :-)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 am

Welcome to EGF, folks.

View Original PostLorkhan wrote:trying to figure out what the hell is going on in Anima

Yeah, best of luck with that. Even the thread we have for it regularly descends into mass head-scratching.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:32 am

Welcome back, wintermute. It has been awhile since you last past this way.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Radjenovic
Embryo

Postby Radjenovic » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

Howdy all
Newbie to thread,been an EVA fan since original series and still have the VHS tapes somewhere....

After travelling for a long time(mostly around Aussie and NZ) I returned to the UK where i found out they had done a reboot of the series. so I watched them and just rewatched the entire series.

Nice to meet you all

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

Welcome.

brankoburcksen
Embryo

Postby brankoburcksen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Sorry, I should have posted here sooner, but I couldn't find the thread.

I first saw Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2008 after seeing it used in a Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged parody tutorial. After a while I read up about it and decided that given its reputation it was a good series to keep me distracted during the midseason hiatus of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." I rented it from Netflix and wound up watching each disc, except for the last one, twice, thrice or four times in one day before sending it back. I bought it immediately after finishing it. This is the first time I ever did this. That launched me into my current interest in anime. I have also read several threads on this website since 2008, but did not feel the urge to really saying anything until now.

Two trivial pieces of side information: The last movie I saw before Evangelion was Robert Altman's "3 Women," and after seeing Cameron's "Avatar" my mother told me the mechanical robots that the soldiers use reminded her of the EVAs.

Djinnger
Embryo

Herro.

Postby Djinnger » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Hello.....just trying to find out information about Evangelion. Specifically if we can send fan mail to the creators of Evangelion. I cannot find any information on it. I realize that it is quite possible any way to contact the creators was eliminated because of the previous death threats before the ending movie, but I am still trying. One, I am trying because I want to write to Hideaki Anno to tell him what a positive influence evangelion has been on my life; two, to tell him how awesome it is/he is; and three to thank him for this amazing series. I would love to be able to do that, so that he has some positive feedback for once. If I can't, oh well. It is not the end of the world, but I would love it if anyone could help me out.
Meeaaar.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Best to move this to the "Everything Else Evangelion" section ( http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/other/ ) instead of this "Completely and Utterly Off-Topic" section?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Djinnger
Embryo

:(

Postby Djinnger » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm

I was trying to find the right forum, and sign up at the same time. I just noticed that this was the wrong section, and have been trying to navigate my way through this whole evageeks forum.
Meeaaar.

Return to “Old Stickies”