Search found 27 matches

by ArborVitae
Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 pm
Forum: Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Mari Discussion/Speculation
Replies: 864
Views: 142342

Ornette wrote:Hi guys, nice to see everyone hanging out here, but this thread is about Mari


No, this thread is about not being idiots and erasing other member's posts for pleasing high post count people.

Goodbye.
by ArborVitae
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:16 pm
Forum: Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Mari Discussion/Speculation
Replies: 864
Views: 142342

With Rebuild, GAINAX and its minions have a really good chance for offering a valid retcon that can make a canon - compliant story possible for LAEM. Wo wo, hold up, Rebuild is not supposed to be canon, Mr. Anno himself has stated he is satisfied with the original series. Furthermore, what's wi...
by ArborVitae
Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 am
Forum: Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Mari Discussion/Speculation
Replies: 864
Views: 142342

shes obviously Shinji's cousin who he shouldnt have romantic feelings about yet he cant help himself. I start disliking this Mari thing quite a bit. I might even start disliking it even more than I disliked Shinji's wimpy persona. And some other concepts seem to be placed in there like flyi...
by ArborVitae
Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Forum: Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Rebuild and NGE's Unused Concepts
Replies: 50
Views: 11642

Fighting 12 angels at once would make for an interesting finale but it just wouldn't be Evangelion without something far more disturbing taking place as we saw in EoE. i get the feeling anno judst doesn't like america. Having feelings of nationalism in the situation Japan is in with the USA...
by ArborVitae
Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm
Forum: Everything Else Evangelion
Topic: [Photo Shoot] Yahoo! Japan Reports Live-Action Photo-shoot
Replies: 30
Views: 10271

Reichu wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Stupid question: That would be a guy as Shinji, right? ^^; They have that slightly effeminate look going on, which I greatly approve of. :shinji_blush:

Yes, Ryunosuke Kamiki is a male.


Yeah, just that Shinji isn't, at least in the very manly way.
by ArborVitae
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am
Forum: Everything Else Evangelion
Topic: [Photo Shoot] Yahoo! Japan Reports Live-Action Photo-shoot
Replies: 30
Views: 10271

Wow... Abe is practically a RL dead ringer for Gendo. EDIT: Evidently he's 189cm (6'2") tall, as well. I guess tall Japanese people aren't a myth after all. (This makes me feel much more secure about my random decision to make Akira Katsuragi precisely 189cm long before...
by ArborVitae
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:20 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Passage of Time (EoE Final Scene)
Replies: 402
Views: 109444

...and the topic of the thread is?
by ArborVitae
Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

stuff I resent you telling me to reread your post, since I read it several times, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because my post was a bit unclear, and because my class was almost over I didn't respond to the later parts of it. You've got the most compelling argument I'v...
by ArborVitae
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

I was just being a pain in the ass when I made my comment, but to elaborate for the sake of moving on: NGE sometimes uses "humans" to refer to us (Lilin, or Homo sapiens ), but there's a broader "WTF?" definition lurking about that incorporates us, Adam, Adam's o...
by ArborVitae
Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:39 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

There is enough reference population within the series to make a comparison though. post-CE Yui is not human in the same sense that Misato, Ritsuko, Shinji, Asuka, Gendo, Fuyutski, Maya and her hypothetical lover are etc. She is also not like post-CE Kyoko, being resident of the sole host EVA body ...
by ArborVitae
Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:52 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

One thing I can mention, though- You say post-CE Yui is not "human" anymore. While I know what you mean and I'm probably just being a pain in the ass :wink:, I should point out that NGE is a little bizarre with how it defines "human" throughout the show -- i.e., all the supe...
by ArborVitae
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:05 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

My own take on things is that Yui is morally ambiguous; words like "malevolent" and "evil" are grotesque simplifications and do not do justice to the situation or her character in the slightest. The very way that she is portrayed to us, as a woman lacking the slightest sign of p...
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:08 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

I used the word "material", implying samples, not complete organisms. In order to study organisms, bioengineer them, and clone them, you need actual raw material to work with, along with any useful work that's been done before you. And all those samples are scientific treasures, preci...
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:03 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Could Shinji have prevented Asuka's death?
Replies: 121
Views: 32388

BrikHaus wrote:
ArborVitae wrote:The only thing close to ancient Greek - dome style of the plot elements has to do with the fact that everybody dies in the end.

Dome-style? Like Thunderdome? I'm pretty sure that was Australian, not Greek.


Check your Wernicke. It is a part of a body part :smirk:
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

Mother-in-law syndrome or not, she still puts Shinji's best interests before her own. However manipulative she may be, that's all you can really ask of a mother, right? I agree with you, however consider it also under this perspective: Without Shinji, who could pilot shogoki? The dummy plug...
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:43 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Once more with feeling -- Yui is an evil bitch
Replies: 172
Views: 45764

It was either that, or be assassinated and have absolutely no hope for Shinji's future. She has a bleak option and a hopeless option; there's no third option she could've taken that would've saved the world without crushing Shinji's fragile little soul. In the series, it is expl...
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:52 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Could Shinji have prevented Asuka's death?
Replies: 121
Views: 32388

The only thing close to ancient Greek - dome style of the plot elements has to do with the fact that everybody dies in the end.
by ArborVitae
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:45 am
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Eva-04's pilot in the series
Replies: 51
Views: 7391

He can always have his eyes fixed in the wonderful world of NGE that can recompose bodies out of LCL.
by ArborVitae
Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 pm
Forum: Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Eva-05 and -06 Designs & Speculation
Replies: 458
Views: 95187

Reichu wrote: But Yamashita is also insane, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.


yup
by ArborVitae
Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:18 pm
Forum: Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion
Topic: Eva-04's pilot in the series
Replies: 51
Views: 7391

Oh come on, just because he wears glasses it doesn't mean that he should flunk pilot admission! :grin:

Go to advanced search