The NGE Fan-Geeks Commentary Project

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

The NGE Fan-Geeks Commentary Project

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:48 pm

Hey all! Me and the posse over the AnimeNation Evangelion forum started a project earlier this year to create, essentially, a web commentary for the entirety of NGE (that could eventually be condensed into an audio commentary when completed). Monkey approached me with his interest in helping out at Otakon last August, so it's viable that eventually the whole project could be ported from AnimeNations to the EvaMonkey domain; but Aaron's been busy grappling with other issues, so we'll see how this turns out.

Meantime, I'm interested in recruiting new "talent" for our humble little project. If you have the opportunity, please look at what we've done (see link in sig) and feel free to add your thoughts over at that other forum! We haven't gotten very far, but if all goes as planned, this is going to be "big, Big, BIG"!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:59 pm

I've read it before. Too much attempted humor. I want lot's and lot's of facts, and serious discussion.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:11 pm

Dave wrote:I've read it before. Too much attempted humor. I want lot's and lot's of facts, and serious discussion.

Heh, you sound like EvaMonkey in that regard. I personally don't think levity is a bad thing, so long as you actually ARE informative (unlike the evil AWL commentary). How is the commentary deprive of "facts and serious discussion"? That is, after all, its foremost purpose...

Also, don't forget that we are only just starting out, and there isn't quite as much to say about the early episodes. In the later ones, there won't be room to be silly.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:29 pm

Wow....I'm kinda interested but I'm very intimidated and my knowledge is limited compared to others like you.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:21 am

interested...but not smart enough...

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:05 pm

Boy is you in luck!

I consider myself a big commentary person! I've been working on a fan commentary for Serial Experiments Lain with some colleages of mine for a while now.

I've always wanted to do commentary for Eva with a humourous style.

I'd like to help in any way I can!
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:07 pm

Anything I might have had to give (which isn't much by my memory; I'd have to review old posts) has been spent on boards. It would be an exercise in tedium, unless you're totally fascinating. I can dance, but that doesn't do much good on a commentary.

I'm assuming MDWings must be onboard? Hell, you wouldn't even need any other people if you got him.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:11 pm

Kiel wrote:I've always wanted to do commentary for Eva with a humourous style.

Well... see above. Humor is pretty secondary in this commentary. Being informative or whatever comes first.

Hexon.Arq wrote:Anything I might have had to give (which isn't much by my memory; I'd have to review old posts) has been spent on boards. It would be an exercise in tedium, unless you're totally fascinating. I can dance, but that doesn't do much good on a commentary.

Unless I'm totally fascinating? Hmm, that would depend upon who you asked.

Well, you apparently have SOMETHING to give, being as you've solved the mystery of why Misato was in Antarctica better than any wacked-out theory I've heard. If you don't join up, I'm just going to end up stealing your idea later. ;)

I'm assuming MDWings must be onboard? Hell, you wouldn't even need any other people if you got him.

Yeah... But he's a pretty busy guy. Besides, even the famous Eva Encyclopedia doesn't cover every bloody aspect of the show! That's why this is a collaborative deal.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:23 pm

Gott'n Himmel, you certainly seem ot have a lot of people onboard already. Why are you still recruiting? There are only so many episodes.

And the Misato thing was merely an elementary observation of human circumstance. I'm not sure how helpful I can possibly be in speculating on the production itself. But if you just want to add names for the sake of having a reserve force, sign me up. What do I do?

_get some help

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:10 pm

Well, if nothing else, I'm just trying to promote this thing. You know, make other NGE-geeks aware of it. Probably a bit premature, since we've barely gotten anywhere...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:57 pm

It seems you've completed two episodes. If not, then what's the deal with those?

_get some help

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:31 pm

I like the commentary so far, I think it's a pretty good mix of being goofy with some actual serious commentary.

Do you have a link to the ReDeath sketch you were talking about?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:It seems you've completed two episodes. If not, then what's the deal with those?

Well, just because we've covered them doesn't mean that the commentary for them has reached Perfection. In fact, we're still waiting on a number of people to submit all of their comments.... (In some cases, I'll probably have to extract them by force!)

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe wrote:I like the commentary so far, I think it's a pretty good mix of being goofy with some actual serious commentary.

Do you have a link to the ReDeath sketch you were talking about?

Only "some"? :dies:

No links to "ReDeath", I'm afraid. Technically, no one's "supposed" to be distributing it at this point (Studio Sokodei is preparing the new, improved "ReDux" version for distribution), but you can always find it on those wretched hives of scum and villainy known as DC hubs...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:40 pm

Reichu wrote:Only "some"? :dies:

Woop, that's not what I meant. I meant to say it's full of intense serious discussion rich with unique insights and brimming with useful information :D

But in all seriousness it covers a lot of interesting things, certaintly things I've never noticed or knew before. And though there's lots of silliness, I think there's definitely more useful discussion. Keep up the good work.

Reichu wrote:No links to "ReDeath", I'm afraid. Technically, no one's "supposed" to be distributing it at this point (Studio Sokodei is preparing the new, improved "ReDux" version for distribution), but you can always find it on those wretched hives of scum and villainy known as DC hubs...

See, now you got me all excited just to let me down. Shame on your family.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:27 pm

I read the first two episodes, and noticed a couple things left unmetioned, but it would be fairly intimidating to join considering you have so many other knowledgable people on board (Although you're missing Xanatose!).
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:11 pm

Phaze wrote:I read the first two episodes, and noticed a couple things left unmetioned, but it would be fairly intimidating to join considering you have so many other knowledgable people on board (Although you're missing Xanatose!).

Monkey was supposed to get Xanatose on board at some point... I'm still waiting for Aaron to start doing all of those things we talked about at Otakon last August!!

Phaze, feel free to join the discussions at any point. If there's something we missed, I want to hear it!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Good Idea!

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:08 am

This is a good Idea!

Consider me very interested! Just tell me what I got to do.

Don't worry about not being smart, we can have one group of people taking things seriously while the other (larger) group goofs around!

Besides, if your inot Eva, you can't be that dumb. :D
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:12 pm

I have a question. In eps. 3, scene 3 (cut no. 76), Magami no ER says "To save you from a giant green monster with a bird-like face? But seriously, Toji has the right to be upset."

Um, since when has sachi been green, is this like when my dad says that the lawn and leaf garbage bags are green, but I never see it?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:55 pm

anatrok wrote:Um, since when has sachi been green, is this like when my dad says that the lawn and leaf garbage bags are green, but I never see it?

Sachiel has always been green. Dark green is still green.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:31 am

Aye. Ee's got gills an' the whole bit. New why would e be black?

_get some help

Return to “Fan Works”