How did Lilith get on the cross?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
asuka_antics
Embryo

How did Lilith get on the cross?

•      
  •      

Postby asuka_antics » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:35 am

I understand Rei put the spear in it in episode 14, but how did Lilith get up there in the first place? I doubt there's a concrete answer, but I'm just curious. I've always assumed Nerv just put it up there since it was already in the Geofront. But I dunno honestly.
As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.

Anshin
Embryo

Re: How did Lilith get on the cross?

•      
  •      

Postby Anshin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:10 am

Seele seem to be either direct descendants or inheritors of precursor race technologies, so them doing crazy things off panel is somewhat normal. I wouldn't even be surprised if, rather than putting it there, they simply grew the body right on a cross.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:24 am

It was the Romans.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

VeryConfusedDingus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby VeryConfusedDingus » Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:52 pm

That bugged me as well when I first saw it. Perhaps Lillith grows on a cross? There's probably some esoteric symbolic meaning to it.
Please be nice, I am dumb and new :P

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:46 am

I just assumed NERV did it for whatever reason. Sketches of the creation of Unit 01, back when it was connected to Lilith, show them both seemingly laying on the ground, so maybe they hoisted her up for easier containment/LCL collection/whatever.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Clowncarcrash
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Clowncarcrash » Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:03 am

idk, they build, maintain, and manufacture EVA units and Lilith isn't that bigger than those units... they probably have some crazy powerful cranes and pullies down there.

Seeing how they have skyscrapers that withdraw into the ground i don't think thats the most impressive feat of engineering in the Evangelion world.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”