I have a couple of questions here…

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

I have a couple of questions here…

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:45 pm

I’ll start with the first one;

What would it have been like if Asuka returned from the LCL sea but not Shinji? If Asuka was the only survivor of Third Impact?

As for the second one that popped in my head, what would have Asuka been like if she was adopted by another family? Let’s say for instance that Asuka was adopted into a different home, where some family were able to provide her the love and care that Asuka desperately needed. And at that time, the said family were to teach her some things, such as the responsibilities of contributing to the family, maybe learning some humility, and more importantly taking care of one another, what it really means to be a part of a family.

Anyways, those were some things that came from the top of my head.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re: I have a couple of questions here…

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:50 pm

Well, it would send a pretty negative message since it'd mean Shinji gave up on the real world but Asuka didn't and came back to find herself alone. Then again I suppose it's worth reflecting on whether, when she rejected Instrumentality herself, if Asuka was expecting to find Shinji or somebody else when returning, after all she did have unfinished business with him. If not him, it's generally possible for other people, like Misato or Kaji to return.

Also, let us remember that Asuka was indeed under the care of at least Misato before. She apparently is on okay terms with her stepmother who had made genuine effort to get close to her. She apparently resents both her and her father Mr. Langley still.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: I have a couple of questions here…

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:53 am

One of the potential endings for EoE was Shinji returning by himself after instrumentality without Asuka (thread/1329/Alternate-EoE-ending/). The outcome is bleak and would be the same if it were just Asuka, although potentially more amusing if she still curses Shinji under her breath in his absence.

Asuka's entire career trajectory has roots in her traumatic relationship with her original mother, so I am not sure her foster parents can do much if she is still working as an Eva pilot - a constant reminder of her past life. Let's not forget there are tons of people with nurturing parents but can still get teenage angst and real-world problems.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”