Shin Kamen Rider

This is for discussion pertaining to Hideaki Anno's live-action "Shin" films, such as Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider.

Moderator: Board Staff

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Shin Kamen Rider

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:19 pm

I was watching it today but did not finish. Not sure if I will watch all of it as the previous comments point out, it is not the best of what Anno does. I have only ever watch evangelion and none of his live action works. It just feels odd watching something that is made by an anime creator.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:57 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:I was watching it today but did not finish. Not sure if I will watch all of it as the previous comments point out, it is not the best of what Anno does. I have only ever watch evangelion and none of his live action works. It just feels odd watching something that is made by an anime creator.

Definitely don't give up on his live action work because of Kamen.
Shin Godzilla is a masterpiece. And while it's been a long time since I watched, Ritual and Love&Pop are very good and interesting too (NGE vibes in those).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

fizz450_03
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fizz450_03 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:33 pm

I saw this last year in Manila.

Absolutely enjoyed it, but does feel like it crammed too much in the first half. Really solid end though.
only mankind would be foolish enough to harness the engine of it's own destruction

Return to “Live-Action "Shin" & Other Khara Projects!”