Early 2000s Gainax is Proto Trigger

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Asugran233
Lilith

Early 2000s Gainax is Proto Trigger

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:14 am

FCLC, Re: Cutie Honey (episode 1), Diebuster and Gurren Lagann for me is a "Proto Trigger". Beacuse has a wacky, weird and specific style. Oh sorry, Gurren Lagann is actually Trigger beacuse Trigger buy rights, damn it. :irked:

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Early 2000s Gainax is Proto Trigger

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:10 am

The connection runs a lot deeper than merely a common style; the bulk of the talent that would later go on to found Trigger did indeed work at Gainax in that time, before quitting or being fired in the wake of the same sketchy decisions that would eventually bring Gainax to its knees wholesale.
Your observation is absolutely correct, and it is no coincidence that it is that way
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:58 am

Yeah in my mind if you fuse Khara and Trigger you basically have old Gainax as it is.

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:47 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:The connection runs a lot deeper than merely a common style; the bulk of the talent that would later go on to found Trigger did indeed work at Gainax in that time, before quitting or being fired in the wake of the same sketchy decisions that would eventually bring Gainax to its knees wholesale.
Your observation is absolutely correct, and it is no coincidence that it is that way

Thank you very much

Turismo030650
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Turismo030650 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:02 pm

fuck, I think this year must have been one of the worst ever since the studio hasn't done anything since 2015 and lives with legal problems
A somewhat emo boy Normal Young I still have a lot to learn, I work hard and I dream of going to college and making my dreams come true Always thinking positive and persisting in my dream I like games I love my favorite band Green Day I like Nirvana tree days grace Also Queen the Beatles Legião Urbana And general good rock

Megumin_077
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Megumin_077 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:40 am

View Original PostTurismo030650 wrote:fuck, I think this year must have been one of the worst ever since the studio hasn't done anything since 2015 and lives with legal problems

Yes, gainax Nowadays, unfortunately, it suffers from several problems, perhaps I think it could even go bankrupt one day

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”