Help a returning fan reconnect with fanfiction

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

topgon
Embryo

Help a returning fan reconnect with fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby topgon » Tue May 16, 2023 1:17 am

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong forum or if I’m breaking any rules.

I was deeply into Eva fanfiction in 2003ish, when I was around 12 or 13. I have a vague recollection of participating on Evafics and Darkscribes as a forum poster and reader, although those sites don’t seem to be up anymore. My interests changed and I lost touch with the Eva fanfic community over the years.

I’ve recently revisited the anime, and watched the rebuild series for the first time, and of course I want to live longer in that universe, and maybe relive the simpler times of my youth, by reading and rereading as much as I can. The past week I’ve been scrolling through FFN and remembering authors and titles that I must’ve read and enjoyed back then and revisiting the works. It’s been a blast, and I’ve worked my way through Adam Kadmon’s work (Jesus…), and reread Higher Learning (pretty moving), and some random1377 stuff that reminds me of being on the internet for the first time in my life (in a good way) and have started Rommel’s Genocide.

I’m hoping you all can point me in the right direction as to where to find fanfiction and maybe give me some recommendations. I’m familiar with FFN as mentioned above, and that’s about it. Are there other sites to use? Are there, and this might be a stretch, a list of seminal works or authors like a top 20, that I can read through? The discussion topic in this forum has been really helpful but I’m hoping I can get a bit more direct hand holding (was Holding Hands a fic? These names are just jumping at me from my memory but I can barely remember anything about them).

I will say that I’ve been truly enjoying the sort of harder sci-fi writing styles of Adam Kadmon and Rommel but I am absolutely down to revisit anything, or read anything, as long as it’s good. Comedy, waff, au, whatever. Really, anything even if it’s totally obvious/20 years old/etc.

And, uh, what happened to lemontastica? :shifty:

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Help a returning fan reconnect with fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue May 16, 2023 2:25 am

The other big site is Ao3, you're gonna find a lot of stuff there as well (generally speaking also a lot better average quality than on FFN), but for the really old stuff, a lot of it might be lost to time unfortunately. Archive.org or the occasional blog might have a copy of some stuff up if you're lucky and know what to look for, but I am not actively aware of any centralized ressource with significant backups of the now defunct sites
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Help a returning fan reconnect with fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:44 am

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Fanfiction”