Original Asuka

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Original Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:53 am

Maybe Original Shikinami and Asuka merged together into a single being, so there was only a single Asuka from that moment forward?

In that sense, the Shikinami clones could have achieved their own form of Instrumentality, with the 9th Angel as the catalyst.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:Curiously, some people aren't sure if Asuka was really turned to LCL. We saw Asuka left her clothes, but someone say Original Shikinami takes Asuka's body intact (without clothes).

It looks like she's taken intact:

SPOILER: Show

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:45 am

^
She doesn't turn into LCL, but she does seem to become intangible, phasing through her plugsuit.
Also, I never noticed that the original also has Asuka's trademark A10 hair clips.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:59 pm

View Original PostLickitung wrote:

Isn't this Mary Iscariot/Mari's "original"? Or did I misinterpret that scene?

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:People who say "Shikinami is a clone of Soryu" are the same sequelists grasping at straws after their "3.0 Asuka is Soryu because the old plugsuit looks like a single cherrypicked frame of an Unit 02 diagram in Maya's laptop during EOE" theory didn't pan out.

3.0+1.0 goes out of its way to draw parallels between Soryu and original Shikinami, from the EoE beach to the A10 hair plugs. NTE Shinji regains his memories of the original continuity, Kaworu remembers everything from every continuity, and NTE Gendo is aware of the events of EoE. This explicitly confirms Rebuild to be a metafictional, nonlinear sequel, no matter how much anyone doesn't want it to be. Either take the energy you put toward typing a snide ad hominem and put it toward meaningful contributions to the discussion, or simply cope.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:54 pm

TehDonutKing wrote:Either take the energy you put toward typing a snide ad hominem and put it toward meaningful contributions to the discussion, or simply cope.

The irony is palpable

vicfergn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vicfergn » Tue May 23, 2023 2:25 am

View Original PostRaikyu wrote:
View Original PostRussianRiz#928070 wrote:
I wanted to know who her original counterpart is too and I hope that her backstory is expanded in the future. At least, Anno showed some interest in describing some untold stories of the new continuity. I would like to see more aspects of Soryu being incorporated in Shikinami. For example, reintroducing Kyoko, making Asuka a test tube baby, just like in the manga, but this time they did 100 Asukas instead of one. This way, Kyoko can exist in NTE and have her soul inside of Unit-02's core. In this my head canon, every Asuka have two genetic donors: Kyoko (Shikinami) and one that changes from clone to clone (Langley in this case). But then again, this is just pure head canon from my side.

I once read here an interesting theory that Kyoko could have successfully killed Asuka in this continuity, so NERV needed to create the Shikinami Series to replace the original one.

hmmm I don't think the souls embedded in the Evas is a thing in Shin, I have a theory that Soryu Asuka is actually in the Golgotha Object. I think that in fact the last scene of EoE happens in the Golgotha Object and it's not earth. Because she got fused with Eva02, then she was eaten by the Evas Series... so she took part in the Third Impact, just like Shinji. The reason I think she got fused with Eva02's core is the fact she doesn't have her belly all hurt by the lances but her arm is torn apart and her eye is missing and the fact the Eva02 went bersek without energy.
So that might be the reason Asuka was required in the Additional Impact, because she was part of the third impact and there's some connection between her and Kaworu/Adam.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:55 am

View Original Postvicfergn wrote:So that might be the reason Asuka was required in the Additional Impact, because she was part of the third impact and there's some connection between her and Kaworu/Adam.

It's never mentioned that Asuka was required for the Additional Impact. Asuka's soul was just trapped in Eva-13 at that point.

The 9th Angel was required for the Fourth Impact in 3.0+1.0. However, I should also mention that the 9th Angel role in the Fourth Impact wasn't so unique either, since it has the same role that the 12th Angel had in 3.0.
Last edited by Konja7 on Tue May 23, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Alright, so I’ve been wondering, who is the original Shikinami? Who were these clones based on? It’s not like they made the first clone out of thin air. Or maybe their original was bio engineered from the start, and they didn’t chose anyone as their genetic template.

I also had this theory that maybe Mari was the progenitor for the Shikinami types, maybe that’s why she refers to Asuka as Princess and why she seems close to her.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 pm

It doesn't matter, the point of Shikinami is that her entire existance is being an expendable jobber. Both in-universe and in the narrative.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue May 23, 2023 6:02 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Isn't this Mary Iscariot/Mari's "original"?

Note that Mari's original is taller than Yui in this photo.

Whereas 'our' Mari is a bit taller than the other pilots but not by that much.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Tue May 23, 2023 6:16 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:It doesn't matter, the point of Shikinami is that her entire existance is being an expendable jobber. Both in-universe and in the narrative.

I like to imagine that her angst over being a copy of “original Asuka” in the narrative is an intentional reflection of her being a copy of “original Asuka” in real life, LOL.

I highly doubt that’s actually the case of course, but it’s funny to think about.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Ok, so I’ve had this theory for a while now. I think that Mari might actually be the genetic template for the Shikinami series. I mean, in the old photo, the resemblance is almost uncanny.

That would also explain why Mari keeps referring to Asuka as Princess, as if she could very well be her daughter of some sort, albeit a biologically engineered one, created through the results of artificial fertilization. And from there, they decided to make hundreds of copies of her, until only one was left.

And that would also explain why Mari seems so close to her, and how she was able to pilot Unit 02.

This is just head canon, of course, but it does make sense when you think about it.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 28, 2023 6:31 pm

I mean, we know who the original Asuka is, she's inside Eva 13; our Asuka says as much.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:50 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I mean, we know who the original Asuka is, she's inside Eva 13; our Asuka says as much.

I thought that people said that she was the first Asuka clone, and I took that of her not being the original donor for the Shikinami series. It seems like that Asuka has been an agent of SEELE/NERV this whole time.

I would like to see a movie of that, if Anno decides to make one exploring the origins of the original Asuka, like how was she taken by Unit 13; did she do that willingly, or was it a result of some accident? And did that prompted NERV to create the Shikinami series?

I feel like that more of that is unexplored, and it would be nice to see, like who the original Asuka was like before.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun May 28, 2023 7:12 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I mean, we know who the original Asuka is, she's inside Eva 13; our Asuka says as much.

Honestly, I've never totally sure if original Asuka was inside Eva-13.

I know original Asuka appears in front of our Asuka, but I feel she could have been inside Eva-02.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 28, 2023 9:30 pm

The screenwriting pretty heavily points towards OriAsu being inside 13; all the elements about her are coming from Asuka's front, same as the incursion of the 9th coming out of Unit 03
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Cola-09
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cola-09 » Mon May 29, 2023 2:57 pm

I think it was heavily implied that EVA 13 hosts two souls, Asuka's original and 'Zombie' Kaworu (who btw. can be seen standing in the rift behind her).

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon May 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Yes, we do also see Kaworu's soul in that shot

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon May 29, 2023 4:06 pm

View Original PostCola-09 wrote:I think it was heavily implied that EVA 13 hosts two souls, Asuka's original and 'Zombie' Kaworu (who btw. can be seen standing in the rift behind her).

Kaworu's soul ended inside Eva-13 after his death in 3.0. He seemed to be trapped in that green light.

However, if I'm not mistaken, 'Zombie' Kaworu is the fandom name for the souless body who is pilotting Eva-13 in 3.0+1.0. He isn't really shown in the movie, but we know about him due to Yamashita (who show a draft of his hand).

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon May 29, 2023 5:22 pm

We do see Kaworu's silhouette in one shot of OriAsu, I think it was tiny in the background between her legs

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”