Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

What anime characters do you ship?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:14 pm

We know that shipping has become a pretty big thing in some fandoms, so I decided to list some of my favorite anime ships here:

Yusei x Aki from Yugioh 5D’s: This is without a doubt my all time favorite ship in Yugioh, or any anime. Aki Izayoi (Akiza Izinski on the dub) was initially hostile due to her being shunned for psychic powers that allows her to bring duel monsters and damages to life. It wasn’t until Yusei Fudo was able to save her from her from herself, and to the extent, save her from the influence of her former mentor Divine(Sayer in the dub). These two had a pretty nice relationship since that time; I really like their roller skating scene in that one episode. I was rather disappointed that they didn’t get together at the end, with Aki leaving to study abroad in Germany to become a doctor while Yusei chose to stay behind in Neo Domino City. Although they promised to see each other again, and that scene in the garage where Aki almost confessed that she loved him and Yusei holding her hands while looking each other in the eyes was very nice. They may not be canon (as most Yugioh ships usually end up), but they still remain as my top couple in the series.

Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist: We saw how close they were in the series. Military laws may not allow them to become a couple, although they still work pretty good as a power couple.

Allelujah Haptism and Marie Parfacy from Gundam 00: Both of them were childhood friends, both raised as child soldiers as a result of their experimentations. They were on opposing sides in the beginning, but some circumstances had resulted them in being reunited. After the war, the two of them had set out to explore the world together.

Inuyasha x Kagome from Inuyasha: Need I say more? The series had made it very clear that they were meant for each other.

Anyways, that’s all I can I think of now. I’m interested if you guys have any they’d like to share.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: What anime characters do you ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun May 28, 2023 7:35 pm

Could have sworn that we've had a thread for this already, but if we do, I'm not finding it, so might as well officially endorse this one.

I don't tend to ship a lot of characters myself, but over the years, there's been a couple of pairings that I'm rather partial to.

Gundam X - Garrod/Tiffa
Symphogear - Kanade/Tsubasa, Hibiki/Miku
Flip Flappers - Cocona/Papika/Yayaka
D4DJ - Kyoko/Shinobu
Also Xenoblade. A lot of good pairings in Xenoblade. Like a lot of good pairings.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime characters do you ship? BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:30 am

Piccolo is Gohan's real Dad.

But that's not a ship, I'm just stating facts.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Anime and Manga”