Mirai Ikari: Child of Japanese Fandom

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gigabite_01
Embryo

Mirai Ikari: Child of Japanese Fandom

•      
  •      

Postby Gigabite_01 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:27 pm

It's far from a secret that in the Evangelion fandom, many people wanted to create a child of Shinji and Asuka, and in most cases these are girls. From Axel Terizaki and "The Child of Love", to Jimmy Volk and " The 2nd Try". But this is Western Fandom, but what about Eastern, I mean Japanese? Local members of the LAS subfandom have already created a character that more closely resembles Schrödinger's Cat. She exists because she was "canonized" by the fandom, but she doesn't exist either, because she never appeared outside fan works, and has no canon image. And the Japanese called this Metaphysical Essence: Mirai Ikari. Why so, since the word "mirai" is translated as "future".
Mirai Ikari is Real.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Mirai Ikari: Child of Japanese Fandom

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:08 pm

I don't know if we can ever say there is such a thing as "established fanon", however I do recall that pre-2.0 fics almost always refered to Toji's then un-named little sister as Sakura, so, eh. Maybe this influenced Anno, since it wouldn't be the first time he'd incorporate fan reception to at least some degree. I can't find the source again, but it was pretty well known how they read on doujins for Gunbuster and Nadia to evaluate reception, and notably Ep 22 DC took direct inspiration from a doujin: thread/17938/Nobi-Nobita-Bridal-Veil-Ep-22-DC-Source/

As for this Mirai thing itself, I did a quick search and one notable artist mentioned this:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:32 pm

Far be it from me to tell anyone what kinda FFs they can write, but just once I'd like to see some fic where Asuka and whatever boy she gets with actually don't have children.

Like obviously Asuka is young & could still change her mind but it's like every single FF makes her have kids like happiness = kids or not wanting any is something to be fixed.

Still, the thing with the naming theme is a really clever little detail tho. Probably why so many ppl converged on that.
I still prefer Shinji's & Rei's little daughter from that one GOTS2 Ending. :devil:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:16 pm

I was under the impression that Asuka never wanted any kids.

Also, she’s going to need a lot of therapy to sort out her traumas before she even establishes a relationship with someone. Though who should she be with if not Shinji?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:01 pm

I honestly find it interesting with the small amount of fan kids I have seen for Asuka and Shinji
(Hell I even drew my own fan kids for them but I refrain from showing them cause I am cringe lol)
I don't know, I just find this topic interesting, the only fan kids I know are Aki Ikari from The 2nd Try/Aki-chan's Life, Kami/God from Evangelion Re-take, and a little bit of Mirai Ikari. If anything this is the first time I've ever seen someone talk about Mirai cause well I don't know much about her only that she is well-known in the Japanese side of the fandom. If anything I don't even know if she appears in any fan comics or who originally made her, I do want to learn more about her cause I am a Asushin fan. I tried searching her up but there isn't much info on her that I can find which is a bummer so I assume I would have to like search in Japanese Google or something cause the amount of times I have seen the name Mirai Ikari on twitter and not know anything makes me curious even more lol.

I know not many people sorta agree with that relationship but I honestly think it's cute in a way, like I said I am a Asushin fan (A chill one cause I honestly don't mind what other people ship as long as it's not illegal)
Sure Asuka seems to look like the type to not have children, considering her relationship with her mom so I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want any children lol.
I still think Mirai Ikari is adorable, I just hope to learn more about her if I can find more artwork of her-
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”