-46h (GENERAL)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: -46h (GENERAL)

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sun May 14, 2023 8:19 am

I really need to get around to somehow seeing -46 hr, which is pretty inaccessible to me right now.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: -46h (GENERAL) [SPOILER]

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:[we learn that her motivations which made her survive for 14 years to join the fight with WILLE is... to hurt Shinji to punish him (thanks to Asuka giving her that motivation)

Wait, so it’s Asuka’s fault that Midori wants to have revenge on Shinji by killing him? Is that something Asuka would want, or allow?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 23, 2023 2:58 am

That doesn't sound exactly right. Asuka tells Midori "who did this to the world" and expresses she's not going to feel right until she decks him. I don't think that sparks intent to murder in Midori or anything, since she doesn't even come close to confronting him until a whole movie later. I guess someone could read into it that Midori wants to kill him because she knows someone else who knows him feels that way about him, but I don't personally see it.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: -46h (GENERAL) [SPOILER]

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:48 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:Wait, so it’s Asuka’s fault that Midori wants to have revenge on Shinji by killing him? Is that something Asuka would want, or allow?

In -46h, Midori only mentioned she also wants to punch Shinji. It's never mentioned she planned to kill him.

Midori threatened to shoot Shinji in 3.0+1.0 (when he wants to pilot Eva-01 again), but this is due to circumstances. Midori seems to be terrified at the thought of Shinji piloting again. Not to mention that Shinji has already pilotted an Eva in 3.0 and started the Fourth Impact.

Although WILLE looked at Shinji with anger and mistrust, they haven't tried to kill him. At most, they have put the DSS Choker on him, which all Eva pilots wear. So, Asuka wouldn't have a lot of issue with that treatment for Shinji, since she receives a similar one.

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Haven't gotten around to watching this yet, but was interested in the credits since almost everywhere online has a limited staff list. Glad someone put a fuller list up, missing key animators though.
https://w.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/35990.html

Interesting that while director Toko Yatabe also did key animation for the short, they didn't storyboard anything here.
Tsurumaki was solely credited for that, with storyboard drafts and imageboards credited to Matsubara and Maeda. Did more than I thought!
I guess he'll be taking over the general direction of Eva for future projects, if he's still doing this much for it.

Animation tidbits: Nishigori was animation director in addition to being in charge of character designs, and brought in many pals from CloverWorks to help animate like Toshifumi Akai and Shoko Nakamura (who is also fellow Gainax alumni and did key animation for Q, and numerous illustrations for the series like the ones below).
SPOILER: Show

Impressive animator list overall, with Iseki, Matsubara and Maeda also contributing key animation.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:18 am

Thanks for that! Love knowing these details.

I guess Tsurumaki just was the one in charge here, like with the -120 manga.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”