3.0 CRC in development!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The18°angel
Lilith

Re: 3.0 CRC in development!

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:17 pm

If the 3.0 CRC ends up having better ideas on paper and character development that were not used in the final product my only reaction is going to be this.

why... Just why?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:32 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:If the 3.0 CRC ends up having better ideas on paper and character development that were not used in the final product my only reaction is going to be this.

why... Just why?

If you want a good idea of what they initially had in mind, I'll soon post a review of the first draft of the movie in the thread of the 3.333 blu-ray, they had very interesting ideas.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:17 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:If the 3.0 CRC ends up having better ideas on paper and character development that were not used in the final product my only reaction is going to be this.

why... Just why?

Ideas aren't a finished film though. You might like an idea on paper, but for the sake of the film it has to be discarded.
I'm among those more than happy with Rebuild, so... that's why I see it that way I guess.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:21 pm

I was referring more to the original ideas for 3.0 where it was a movie without Shinji and that narrates the events of the third impact of which we only see a small scene in 3.0 + 1.0 if 3.0 CRC have any idea alluding to that movie then that will be my reaction. And also i am happy with the movies and how they finished. But we lack a whole movie of events and character development that only got a small reference in 3.0 and 3.0+1.0

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:41 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:I was referring more to the original ideas for 3.0 where it was a movie without Shinji and that narrates the events of the third impact of which we only see a small scene in 3.0 + 1.0 if 3.0 CRC have any idea alluding to that movie then that will be my reaction. And also i am happy with the movies and how they finished. But we lack a whole movie of events and character development that only got a small reference in 3.0 and 3.0+1.0

Yeah. I would also like to know more about the original plans for a movie without Shinji.

Curiously, Kaji being alive in the drafts for very early 3.0 shows that they had not fully developed the story in the movie without Shinji when they started to create 3.0.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:17 pm

View Original PostThe18°angel wrote:I was referring more to the original ideas for 3.0 where it was a movie without Shinji and that narrates the events of the third impact of which we only see a small scene in 3.0 + 1.0 if 3.0 CRC have any idea alluding to that movie then that will be my reaction. And also i am happy with the movies and how they finished. But we lack a whole movie of events and character development that only got a small reference in 3.0 and 3.0+1.0

Yeah, I also wanna see that stuff. But I don't think it's actually missing from the films. They made the conscious decision to omit a lot of stuff. Based on previous CRCs, I don't know if any content of the books should be taken as part of the actual story, since a lot of it is in process, discarded stuff. OTOH other times some details you would never see in the films are shown that are at the very least interesting to see.
But we'll see!
In any case they will be full of stunning artwork for sure.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 am

I'm starting to think the CRC got delayed because they got side-tracked putting the material together for the Hideaki Anno Exhibition which by all accounts seems to be incredibly popular.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:35 pm

Any updates on this? I just bought the 2.0 CRC for a pretty penny and I'm dying know when the 3.0 CRC is getting released. I want to see the concept art.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 23, 2023 2:55 am

Haven't heard anything yet. The two groundworks books are out now and I don't remember what the gap was like for 1.0 and 2.0, or if there was a gap, or if the order was the same. But maybe that sort of historical data could be helpful.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:10 pm

First post here was three years ago :sniffle:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”