[Music] Songs on repeat

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: [Music] Songs on repeat

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:54 pm

Today the Pink Floyd's album "The Dark Side of the Moon" turns 50. I would say it's one of the most striking albums of my life, I basically grew up with the songs on this album because of my father who was constantly listened to. He had some Pink Floyd vinyls.

My favorite music has always been "Us and Them", and nothing better than listening to it today: https://youtu.be/GKiLEgAzFDQ
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon" - "Brain Damage"

Thinking about it, does my uncles still have those vinyls of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath? Well, there is something genetic in my family of being great rock and heavy metal lovers -o-;
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Vordus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vordus » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:42 pm

Haiduk - Sea of Fire [Diabolica]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TVBCl4CvZE

AsukaisLiterallyMe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaisLiterallyMe » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:50 pm

View Original PostVordus wrote:Haiduk - Sea of Fire [Diabolica]

That was surprisingly good.

Been a while since I've listened to some pure BM (usually revolve around blackened death bands). Props for having the sense of burying the vocals underneath the music.

Myself I've been playing Metric's "Speed the Collapse" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiQ1QpNSkA) at least a handful of times a day.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:57 pm

I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon May 22, 2023 11:03 pm

La-la, la, la, la, la, lie
“Vicarious” by TOOL
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:28 am

Since Portnoy is back at Dream Theater...
https://youtu.be/P9Lnan8t0v8

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 am

Dream Theater is very fun. Wasn't familiar with that one yet, good song
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:24 pm

Been listening to Primal Fear - Infinity a lot lately

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 pm

ANGRA's album "Rebirth" turned 22 this week. Nothing better than listening to the homonymous track: https://youtu.be/UEI32VzuzBI

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:05 pm

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:21 pm

When I listened to this song for the first time it was a bit of a shock for me: it's not something I'd expect from Iron Maiden. It's a very progressive track, I feel a lot of Pink Floyd influence in it.

Sometimes I like to listening to "The Scarecrow" by Avantasia. It's quite melodic.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:19 pm

ooh, Scarecrow is also really good. Although my favorite from the album is probably Another Angel Down

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:21 am

According to my Spotify Wrapped, the song I most listened this year was Slipknot - "Psychosocial".

Vordus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vordus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm

View Original PostAsukaisLiterallyMe wrote:
View Original PostVordus#939866 wrote:Haiduk - Sea of Fire [Diabolica]

That was surprisingly good.

Been a while since I've listened to some pure BM (usually revolve around blackened death bands). Props for having the sense of burying the vocals underneath the music.

Myself I've been playing Metric's "Speed the Collapse" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiQ1QpNSkA) at least a handful of times a day.

I know this is a late reply, but thanks for checking it out! And I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you that vocals are better when mixed below everything else. I'm not a fan of constant loud vocals in metal.

Cyclone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lus_XFXxhnU

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”