Realistic Evangelion AI art

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

Realistic Evangelion AI art

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm

The purpose of this thread is for people to post AI art that makes Evangelion characters, locations, or props realistic.
(AI art that generates a new anime style picture should not be posted here)

1. Posters are encouraged to try to get their AI art as accurate to the original drawing as possible.
Posts that are direct output from AI (wrong eyecolor, wrong plugsuit gloves, etc.) with no attempt to fix up the issues are frowned upon.
If the AI gets details wrong, spend the effort fixing the details. See tips here: https://imgur.com/a/FcMCnFF

2. There must be a drawing associated with the work. The drawing must not be AI generated as well. This is so we can judge how close you were able to get the AI to the original image.

3. Please include the original drawing in a side by side.

4. If it's not an official khara artwork, please also include a link to the original artist's profile or direct link to their art post.
For official works, this step can be skipped.

Reminder that the faces of characters you see here are the AI/creator's personal choice.
It doesn't mean that's the defacto real life face of the character.

========================================
The AI Asuka I made. I had to do several iterations of AI, photo shopping, going back to AI, to get it close.
Asuka is half Japanese and half German but I went with a more Japanese appearance just to be more in line with the voice actress as well.

None of the below information is required but I just included it for fun.

AI: Stable Diffusion
Model: MajicMixRealistic
What the AI originally gave me:
SPOILER: Show

Problems:
  • Wrong glasses
  • Reflection in glasses is really bad
  • No red hairclips
  • Shirt is wrong
  • Shirt has a black shirt underneath
  • Hands are bad
  • Right hand should be in hoodie pocket and not pant pocket/Hoodie should extend more downward
  • Shoulder should be showing, but AI put inside of hoodie there
  • Buttons instead of zipper
  • Missing zipper path
  • Inside of hoodie has another hoodie/overcoat
  • Missing white rectangular laundry tag inside hoodie
  • Bag should have a German flag
  • Bag style is wrong
  • Bag is missing doll keychain
  • Bag is missing transparent holder with Tokyo-III pass
  • Hair fuses into bag strap
  • Secondary bag strap missing

Deviations from original art:
  • Things I missed but should have corrected:
    • Hoodie's cap top left missing
    • Missing pink nail polish
    • Hair by left ear has a different pattern
  • Stylistic changes:
    • Shorts are in a different style
    • Moved chest out and spine a bit back cause the exact anime proportions looked unrealistic to me. Adjusted secondary bag strap
The fixes I had to do:
In and of itself, self-evident.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Realistic Evangelion AI art

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri May 19, 2023 12:25 pm

Asuka makes it almost too easy
First example - all in the prompt  SPOILER: Show

img2img
(Asuka langley), 14 year old, Japanese, yellow sundress, standing in a shelter from the rain, portrait
Negative prompt: EasyNegative, loli
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3988508140, Size: 688x536, Model hash: 59ffe2243a, Model: chilloutmix_NiPrunedFp16Fix, Denoising strength: 0.4, RNG: CPU, Version: v1.2.1

or

Second example - a bit of inpainting needed  SPOILER: Show

img2img
(Asuka langley), school uniform, sunflowers, rain
Negative prompt: EasyNegative
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3988508140, Size: 528x768, Model hash: 1a36578807, Model: colorful_v30, Denoising strength: 0.4, RNG: CPU, Version: v1.2.1

touch up to

inpaint whole image with masking to the affected areas
(Asuka langley), school uniform, red ribbon, white shirt sunflowers, rain
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3988508140, Size: 528x768, Model hash: 1a36578807, Model: colorful_v30, Denoising strength: 0.4, RNG: CPU, Version: v1.2.1, Mask blur: 4

EDITED to add

This sort of thing is, of course, where the ethical issues surface most. In text-to-image gens, the process is akin to saying "I've seen thousands of pictures that I use as references"; image-to-image, where the result is 50% or more influenced by the one image, is much more akin to tracing.

That said

All in the prompt for OTP  SPOILER: Show
duo, 1girl, (Asuka langley in yellow sundress, eyes closed), 1boy, white hair, blue shirt, eyes closed, on bed
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3988508140, Size: 768x536, Model hash: 59ffe2243a, Model: chilloutmix_NiPrunedFp16Fix, Denoising strength: 0.4, RNG: CPU, Version: v1.2.1

and

All in the prompt  SPOILER: Show
(Asuka langley), 14 year old, Japanese, blue sress, white shirt, sitting in a field, playing guitar
Negative prompt: EasyNegative, loli
Steps: 20, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 3988508140, Size: 656x768, Model hash: 59ffe2243a, Model: chilloutmix_NiPrunedFp16Fix, Denoising strength: 0.4, RNG: CPU, Version: v1.2.1

The hands even look good!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Realistic Evangelion AI art

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Sun May 21, 2023 9:21 pm

I really like the playing guitar one!

Though I'd add child and kid to the negative terms as well. Something about the kaworu and Asuka one feels uncomfortable :emogendo:

I decided to reattempt that one but doing more manual adjustments to get it more accurate

Fixes:
1 - Both are teens
2 - Asuka has her red clips
3 - Kaworu's mouth is slightly open to match illustration
4 - Bed is realistic
5 - Asuka is blushing/has concerned brows. Her expression needs more reworking. Original illustration is like having night terrors and sweating. Didn't successfully replicate this.
6 - Kaworu's hair style made to closer match illustration though my hair color is still off.
7 - Asuka's dress doesn't have ruffles on straps
8 - Asuka's mouth has a chin fold to match illustration

Something I realized that I don't feel like revisiting and fixing is that Asuka's head is supposed to be tilted up and back onto the pillow.
Her left side back is lifted by Kaworu's arm, so you're supposed to see a more extreme underside of her face

In and of itself, self-evident.

Return to “Fan Works”