Let's try finding 3.0+1.11 changes!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AsukaShikinami10
Adam

Re: Let's try finding 3.0+1.11 changes!

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:35 pm

@Jinroh thanks for adding the image for reference.

The fact that they forgot to change the coloring and even the armor style of mass-produced Mark.07 in favor of only altering the scheme color of the plugsuits of Mari and Asuka seems a little odd to me.

Did they really forget to make changes to that previous Mark.07 design in 3.333 or was it a deliberate decision from Anno & the staff to keep it that way.

I find it really weird because they even took the time to erase some clouds in certain frames and even changed Ritsuko's face in one scene.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:35 am

Could be any reason. Maybe they thought people wouldn't make the connection, or they thought the color scheme looked better unchanged (I would prioritize that over continuity).

Or they didn't notice lol
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:41 am

I wonder if these were supposed to be some kind of vessels for people's souls after 4th impact by replacing unit 01 looking failures of infinities with those mark.06 lookalike units. Mark.06 was initially supposed to be the eva at the center of instrumentality, so it would have made sense for the infinity evas or whatever they're called to keep their head on and have mark.06 bodies. Gendo/Seele would have tried to simulate that artifically by starting fresh with new bodies after third impact failed and the infinities died; it would explain why they had to wait 15 years: they had to rebuild all these evas artificially from scratch and start fourth impact when all those vessels are ready.

I don't understand why Nerv would produce thousand of canon fodders evas for no reason; some idea might have been scrapped in Shin. In the end they might have decided to retcon the FOIs by having them actively walk around (in contradiction to 3.0 where they're clearly dead) and move the mark.07 evas in that short (and relatively silly as well as pointless) action scene when Wille is on their way to eva 13.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:58 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I wonder if these were supposed to be some kind of vessels for people's souls after 4th impact by replacing unit 01 looking failures of infinities with those mark.06 lookalike units. Mark.06 was initially supposed to be the eva at the center of instrumentality, so it would have made sense for the infinity evas or whatever they're called to keep their head on and have mark.06 bodies. Gendo/Seele would have tried to simulate that artifically by starting fresh with new bodies after third impact failed and the infinities died; it would explain why they had to wait 15 years: they had to rebuild all these evas artificially from scratch and start fourth impact when all those vessels are ready.

The Failures of the Infinity didn't die, they just stopped to move (until 3.0+1.0). It's pretty possible SEELE wanted the lack of head, since they wanted a new race with Fruit of Life but without Fruit of Knowledge.

The Fourth Impact was needed to "purify" the souls and complete SEELE's plan.

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't understand why Nerv would produce thousand of canon fodders evas for no reason; some idea might have been scrapped in Shin. In the end they might have decided to retcon the FOIs by having them actively walk around (in contradiction to 3.0 where they're clearly dead) and move the mark.07 evas in that short (and relatively silly as well as pointless) action scene when Wille is on their way to eva 13.

It isn't a retcon. In 3.0+1.0, Kensuke explained that the FOI stopped moving at some point, but they are moving again (it's likely related to the Fourth Impact in 3.0)

In itself, the idea of the FOI moving isn't really new. In the imageboards of an early version of 3.0 we could see FOI moving during the Fourth Impact.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:29 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:EDIT:
No changes found. Apart from color grading and Ritsuko face. If there are changes and I missed them I imagine they are Ritsuko face level.

This must be one reason the shorts were included. And it just makes sense. By 3.0+1.01 the film was probably already perfect.

LOL if Ritsuko is actually the only redraw.

I'm still crawling through verrrrrry slowly.

View Original PostAsukaShikinami10 wrote:I find it really weird because they even took the time to erase some clouds in certain frames and even changed Ritsuko's face in one scene.

Are these 3.0 changes, or 3+1 changes?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:13 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:I'm still crawling through verrrrrry slowly.

Awesome, let us know if you find something!

Are these 3.0 changes, or 3+1 changes?

The clouds are a 3.333 thing.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”