Did Kotono Mitsuishi inspire Anno on Misato's image?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Did Kotono Mitsuishi inspire Anno on Misato's image?

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 pm

I'm reading Kotono's new book now, Anno said that the Misato curl up scene in the OP was inspired by Kotono Mitsuishi's image when he saw her offwork during Sailor Moon(Classic or R).

They do look a bit alike while the role was not made for her in the beginning. Since Megumi Hayashibara confirmed that she also audition for Misato at first.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Did Kotono Mitsuishi inspire Anno on Misato's image?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:35 am

Which book is this?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:00 am

https://seigura.com/news/104958/

I could not read Japanese so I'm using software to translate.

She also thanks him for seeing a different her and gave her the chance to break away with Usagi like roles. She didn't get into the role well at first due to she wants to be mature, and later she just tried to be herself and went well.

I guess that's because Misato is not typical big sister, she had immature part deep down, later grew up but didn't forget her past. None of the other VA got even close with Misato probably due to that.

Misato probably was partly inspired by her real image. She drove motorcycle during school, could speak lively like Usagi but in truth was shy and doesn't open her trueself to ppl easily.

Too bad she didn't say much about Misato's character understanding.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:34 am

Anno did said Misato is Usagi if she was 30. There's even some cute fanart about that.

Make that what you will.

Good to know Kotono is doing well and wrote a book. Here's hoping someone online learns this and makes posts about it. We need that insight.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:34 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:Anno did said Misato is Usagi if she was 30. There's even some cute fanart about that.

Make that what you will.

Good to know Kotono is doing well and wrote a book. Here's hoping someone online learns this and makes posts about it. We need that insight.

I wrote a Chinese review and shared most of the info.

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv22687084

You can use translate software to know a little bit of it.

It's mostly about her Seiyuu experience. Didn't talk much about Evangelion. Even Sailor Moon was mostly about how she worked around it. She didn't talk much about Inner 4's seiyuu other than mentioned them working together for Peach Hips live show.

She did spend a lot of effort on Usagi, gave all herself and even got sick as we all know. Since it's a huge hit, she got to sing and do a lot of other extra works to make it more popular.

It's also a bit hard to get out of the character and break into new roles to avoid getting typecast. Misato gave her such chance.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”