Need help creating my own EVA unit

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BoogerPoo2002
Embryo

Need help creating my own EVA unit

•      
  •      

Postby BoogerPoo2002 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:35 am

I plan on creating my own personal Evangelion unit, but I need help on creating it. First off, how should I create the EVA to begin with? Should I commission someone, draw it myself, or is there a website where I can customize and design my own Eva, like one of those old dress-up Flash games?

Second, what continuity should the EVA be based on, the original series, or the Rebuilds?

I'm thinking of a dull color like gray for the primary, with a bright color for the secondary.

But I'm not sure what the head shape should be like.

It'll have an S2 drive, removing the need for a power cable and internal battery.

I might need help naming it too, since I'm not very imaginative.

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

Re: Need help creating my own EVA unit

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:16 am

1. Well assuming you have money and don't already have the ability to draw, probably would be easiest to commission a mecha artist to make it for you (though I don't imagine it'll be cheap). Otherwise, better crack open a notepad and/or start looking up architectural/mechanical drawing tutorials. Or if you wanna be big brain about it, you can learn how to 3D model like this dude

That'd probably take the longest, but it sure would make for the coolest result. Also flash has been dead for like 3 years now. If there was a website where you could do that, youre gonna have to go hunting.

2. Doesn't really matter tbh. Depends on what you want your Eva to do. If you want to be a little more grounded, NGE would probably be the one to go with, but if you want your Eva to have like super powers or some thing, that'd be more plausible in Rebuild's. Or if you want to be really cool and anarchist about it, you could set it in Anima's. In that one everyone has an S2 Engine, so you wouldn't even have to try to make up a reason why yours has one.

3. Colors sound fine. Probably not what I would've gone with but I'm not you so you do you buddy.

4. I'm not sure what the head shape should look like either.

5. Not a question, but see note in answer 2.

6. And lastly, what do you mean " you need help naming it"? They all follow the same naming scheme of "Unit *number*" (or Mark.*number*). Just choose your favorite 1 or 2 digit number or something lol.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

BoogerPoo2002
Embryo

Re: Need help creating my own EVA unit

•      
  •      

Postby BoogerPoo2002 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:23 am

To be honest, I'm looking to make something similar to this:

https://twitter.com/AbsolumArt/status/1 ... 2628780033

Return to “Fan Works”