Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time here!
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Sawy Bawy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sawy Bawy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:48 am

Hello all,
I’ve been an Evangelion fan for about three years now, but I never visited here until recently (I was looking up random combinations of franchises, and I found a post about Evangelion Gear, an extremely odd but amusing crossover fic.) It’s been very fun to read through threads so far. Almost everyone seems very respectful and passionate in this community, and I hope I can contribute to, or at the very least just enjoy these discussions, projects, and other works centered around Evangelion.
Thank you!
I’ll write something cool here eventually

Chabungalum
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chabungalum » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:30 am

Hello!

I'm super excited to have found this forum (thank you Sawy Bawy)! I've been watching NGE for around 2 or so years, and so far I've rewatched it three times, and seen each movie twice. My favorite characters are probably Rebuild Misato, Rei, and Ritsuko (A LOT OF EMPHASIS ON REBUILD). I don't think I'll really post much, but it'll be super interesting to see other people's opinions and views on the series.

Thanks to whoever made this, it's awesome!
"Don't worry. I won't have an affair with a child..." - Misato Katsuragi

Unofficial_AI
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Unofficial_AI » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:48 am

Hey everyone!

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a fan of Evangelion for a while now and stumbled upon this forum thanks to Sawy Bawy. I'm not too sure how much I'll contribute to the forum, but I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's thoughts on the franchise.

As you can probably tell, my favorite character is Rei, though Misato and Kaworu are close seconds. Anyway, this is the first time I've been on a more classic forum, and this is cool!
"Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little."

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:50 am

Hello, everyone! Welcome aboard.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:44 am

View Original PostChabungalum wrote:Rebuild Misato, Rei, and Ritsuko (A LOT OF EMPHASIS ON REBUILD).

hell yeah see you in the rebuild subforum :kaji_nya:

Gluemuncher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gluemuncher » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:18 pm

Hello slimebiggles and gigglenorps!

I may not know much about evangelion...but I love my friends brah. I will update this forum when I watch the rebuild movies :w00t: hi sawy bawy and chabungalum and unofficial_AI :w00t:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:26 pm

Proud gigglenorp reporting in. Slimebiggles stay seething.

For real though, welcome, everyone!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:02 am

Popping my head up again just to see how are things. I probably won't be around long, probably expect me popping up when you least expect it.

Glad to see that despite everything we're still getting newbies that want to explore the rabbit hole and some old-timers refusing to give up. Hopefully we'll still be here in 10 years.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:56 am

Welcome back C.A.P.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

DTGee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DTGee » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:14 pm

Well, I supposed it's time I introduced myself.

I watched Evangelion for the first time last year, and it's become my new favorite anime. I'm full-on obsessed. There's never been an anime that's stuck to me this much before. I've been lurking around the fandom for a while and heard that this is the best place to discuss Eva, so I'm here to make my mark.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:01 am

View Original PostDTGee wrote:Well, I supposed it's time I introduced myself.

I watched Evangelion for the first time last year, and it's become my new favorite anime. I'm full-on obsessed. There's never been an anime that's stuck to me this much before. I've been lurking around the fandom for a while and heard that this is the best place to discuss Eva, so I'm here to make my mark.

Welcome!

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:07 am

View Original PostDTGee wrote:I've been lurking around the fandom for a while and heard that this is the best place to discuss Eva, so I'm here to make my mark.

It's nice to know that we still maintain that reputation after all these years.
Welcome and have fun! ^_^
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

holoqh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby holoqh » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:07 am

hey there, i'm new

glad to see this kind of space exists, I hope we'll get along well.
Kaworu FC

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:17 am

This jurassic place still exists :tongue:
Welcome holoqh and DTGee!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

mtf_canti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mtf_canti » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:01 pm

hey whats up!

I'm Canti, i joined bc of the discussion on model kits. I have a vintage kit that i found at a convention and was hoping to find some more info on it. I love gainax and trigger shit in general too so maybe I'll stick around

now if you'll excuse me

Allansfirebird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:19 pm

Hey there, everyone!

Been a lurker here for quite some time. Finally decided to join here so I could share the EVA-Trek fic I've been writing over the last year, which has depended on EvaGeeks and Memory Alpha quite a bit for some of my research when figuring out how to combine Eva and Star Trek into a cohesive whole. I'd originally watched Eva way back in my high school Toonami days of the early 00's, and only came back to it a couple years ago when I rediscovered anime and manga in a big, bad way as an escape from the pandemic. At this point, I'm fairly well hooked back on Eva and have consumed as many of the various spin-offs... and fanfics as my brain has been able to take.

As an omnipotent being once said, "see you... out there."
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
Sir Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)

MoonRabbitMallow
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MoonRabbitMallow » Wed May 10, 2023 4:07 pm

Hello everyone!

You can call me Mallow, I've been an Eva fan since... not sure, since I was a kid? Late middle school, roughly. I've never really had anyone to talk about Eva with, and I recently rewatched the original series (again) + EoE on Netflix, and it kind of kicked off my passion for Eva again. Since I don't know many people in general, I figured there were some forums still dedicated to Eva, so might as well blow off my fixation while I can! I know this place probably isn't as active as it used to be but I'm interested in chatting with folks about whatnot, I'm trying to be social for once, lol. I've personally always loved stories that really dig into the thoughts of its characters, especially as I've gotten older and have had various sorts of experiences, so needless to say Eva is one of those series that I always keep coming back to. I have not finished Rebuild, nor do I remember much from the films I have seen, so I might do that at some point, but I'm currently focused on getting through the manga. My favorite bits about Eva, aside from the characters, are probably the lore, the post-apocalyptic setting, and the wild technology of it all... Really kicked off a love for sci-fi I didn't know I had.

Uh, bit about me, I consider myself a creative. I love discussing lore, writing, you name it- I've probably done it. Haven't been on a forum in... forever. Not familiar with the format but I'm working my way around it all. That's about it though. I have nothing else to say here, lol. Hope we can all get along.

Mallow out.
I'll think of something interesting to put here at some point! Probably. Maybe. Not likely.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed May 10, 2023 6:18 pm

Hello! You’ll quickly become familiar with the forum format.

noblejie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby noblejie » Sun May 14, 2023 6:21 pm

Hello, this is my first time in a forum (?) like this, it's a pleasure to meet you all :)
Idk what else I should say to introduce myself... I've been into evangelion for 2 years now and I watched the anime and all the movies, and I'm kind of still trying to understand all of it.
My favorite characters are Rei, Mari, Misato and Kaworu! (quite a lot I know) and I have some terrible theories to share with yall ♡
Again, it's a pleasure to be here!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”