Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:48 pm

Was going through my old laptop and found my login credentials after 4 years...lol :tongue:
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:02 pm

Welcome, CrazySquid!
Oh... hello bobbyfischer's ghost, welcome back! I remember you from old threads.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Nugas meas
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nugas meas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:30 pm

Hello, I'm new here. I got around to watching evangelion this summer. I rarely watch anime and weeb culture tends to put me off, so I didn't expect anything special. This, however, turned out to be a huge mistake. Evangelion blew my mind and is now one of my favorite works of arts. I think Evangelion truly does a great job when it comes to giving great insights into the psyche of its characters. My personal favorite characters are Shinji, Rei and Gendo.

I've decided to post here since people seem to be nice and I want to take part in some discussions, but there are a lot of threads. I'm not blaming the forum, I'm just not used to posting on forums. I don't know if this forum is very active either.
Fuese y no hubo nada- Miguel de Cervantes

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:16 pm

Welcome!

The forums aren't the hive of activity they were in the early days, but they still have a reasonable amount of traffic (several posts per day), albeit mostly concerning the New Theatrical Edition movies (aka the Rebuilds). That still leaves the wealth of past discussions that remain in the archives and still up for comment.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nugas meas
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nugas meas » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:48 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
That still leaves the wealth of past discussions that remain in the archives and still up for comment.

Does that mean that if I see a previuos thread I can reply even though it's really old?
Fuese y no hubo nada- Miguel de Cervantes

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:16 am

Rather than spawning new threads on the same subject, yes. If it's really old, the original participants may no longer be active, though.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

MassiveInvader
Adam

Twitter is crumbling down to the ground as we speak, so here I am

•      
  •      

Postby MassiveInvader » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:04 am

It's been awhile since I've been here how yall been? woah i forgot about these emojis ^_^

Merged here - JoelcrNeto
I will respect your opinion if you respect mine.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:25 am

Hello, welcome back! Just remember we have this “hello/goodbye” thread for this purpose.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:59 pm

Hey guys! It’s been a few months since I last logged in. I was more of a lurker here than anything but still posted every so often. I’ve had a busy couple months between work and kids and just living life. I hope to visit more regularly and try and catch up. Is there a World Cup thread? Hope you all have been well.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

GWF Hegelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GWF Hegelion » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 am

Hello, longtime fan of NGE, used to lurk the old evamonkey forum when I was a wee lad. Finally got around to seeing 3.0+1.0 in theaters and am now foisting the original series onto my partner...I'm sure I'll have much to note/talk about watching again at my age, Anno seems less like a mysterious auteur to me now and more like a peer. Maybe a really weird peer.
I reject the Filioque

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:22 pm

Welcome!

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:33 pm

Hello! Long time avid Evangelion fan, and as of recent, forum lurker (or whatever you call someone who spent the last few weeks or so reading old forum posts). Rewatched Shin Eva in theaters back in december and after having spent the better part of the last month digging through forum threads, rewatching/rereading various other Evangelion media, and worst of all getting back into reading Eva fanfiction, I think its safe to say I'm back to being hyper-fixated on the series again (and just in time for -46h)

Anyways, this is my first time posting here despite having had this account for over a year (and knowing this forum existed long before that). Not really sure why I never joined before now, but I guess this time I figured, "this is like my third or fourth time getting back into Eva after thinking I had moved on from the series, so why not try to find people to actually talk about/share this renewed obsession interest with this time?" Which, hopefully I'm not too late to the discussion for that lol.
Last edited by MsenjaKagami on Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:00 pm

Welcome aboard!
Falling back into old hyperfixations is a tale that I'm all too familiar with myself, the only reason that it hasn't happened for me with Eva is that I never really got out of Eva to begin with xD
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Welcome!
I remember the day you created your account. It was a Saturday, two weeks after the movie came out. It was raining and I was driving home after a great night out on the town.
Funny how a simple post ignited so many memories!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 pm

Welcome!

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:32 pm

Thanks!

Blockio wrote:Welcome aboard!
Falling back into old hyperfixations is a tale that I'm all too familiar with myself, the only reason that it hasn't happened for me with Eva is that I never really got out of Eva to begin with xD

Haha well I can tell you from experience, if you ever do end up getting out you'll probably find yourself back here sooner than later lol

BernardoCairo wrote:Welcome!
I remember the day you created your account. It was a Saturday, two weeks after the movie came out. It was raining and I was driving home after a great night out on the town.
Funny how a simple post ignited so many memories!

Glad I could help you reminisce!

And one last question before I go finally post elsewhere: is there a way to get around the search function telling me that "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words"?

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:28 pm

View Original PostMsenjaKagami wrote:And one last question before I go finally post elsewhere: is there a way to get around the search function telling me that "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words"?

This has always been annoying in our search tool.
Try using asterisks as a wildcard in words that are considered too common. I once gave an example of how to use this wildcard:
View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Alternatively, try to use the * wildcard, like this: “secon* impac*” (without the quotes)

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:49 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Try using asterisks as a wildcard in words that are considered too common. I once gave an example of how to use this wildcard:
JoelcrNeto wrote:Alternatively, try to use the * wildcard, like this: “secon* impac*” (without the quotes)

Got it thanks!

TriangulumDelta
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TriangulumDelta » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 pm

Hi
Last edited by TriangulumDelta on Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:17 am

Welcome, Alex!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”