I plugged "Evangelion, H.R. Giger, realistic" into an AI art generator. The results are... interesting

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Angel
Banned

I plugged "Evangelion, H.R. Giger, realistic" into an AI art generator. The results are... interesting

•      
  •      

Postby Angel » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:20 pm

It mostly didn't understand the assignment, though it got close a few times.

The random letters make this one look like actual movie concept art:

SPOILER: Show

This one indicates that AI can't tell the difference between Evangelion and Darling in the Franxx:

But it mostly seemed to enjoy drawing women wearing HR Giger suits:

(note: I didn't put this in the "fan works" section because I did not create these images myself and the AI obviously is not a fan)
Last edited by Angel on Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just here for the fan art.

Blockio#938367 wrote:it will be in your best interest to shut up.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: I plugged "Evangelion, H.R. Giger, realistic" into an AI art generator. The results are... interesting

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Some of those looks worryingly alright at a glance
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Angel
Banned

More AI art, this time trying to draw live-action Rei using Evanna Lynch as a base...

•      
  •      

Postby Angel » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:08 pm

More AI art, this time trying to draw live-action Rei using Evanna Lynch as a base.

Most of the results were disappointing. Many looked more like Mercy from Overwatch. A few looked like Man-Rei. Some would have looked okay if they weren't making goofy faces or if their wings were attached to their backs rather than to their heads or their boobs. These were some of the good ones:

If you're wondering "Y U HARLEY QUINN HAIR AND NO RED EYES?", trust me, I tried. MidJourney likes to ignore most of the user's suggestions. Making matters worse, the more terms the user specifies, the less "weight" the rest of the terms get, so the more I tried to fix things, the less the character looked like Evanna Lynch or any other real human and the more she looked like something you'd hallucinate while withdrawing from benzodiazepines.

Side note: Evanna Lynch should totally play Mercy if there's ever a live-action Overwatch movie.
I'm just here for the fan art.

Blockio#938367 wrote:it will be in your best interest to shut up.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”