Shin Ultraman

This is for discussion pertaining to Hideaki Anno's live-action "Shin" films, such as Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, and Shin Kamen Rider.

Moderator: Board Staff

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Re: Shin Ultraman

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:50 pm

So I've had basically no experience with Ultraman but would love to check it out ahead of the new movie. Which works would anyone here recommend? I'm specifically interested in things that are known to be relevant to (or likely to be relevant to) Shin Ultraman. It seems like a movie you shouldn't walk into without any prior knowledge of the character, so I'd love to have some context.

MuscleRobo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:07 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:So I've had basically no experience with Ultraman but would love to check it out ahead of the new movie. Which works would anyone here recommend? I'm specifically interested in things that are known to be relevant to (or likely to be relevant to) Shin Ultraman. It seems like a movie you shouldn't walk into without any prior knowledge of the character, so I'd love to have some context.

It's impossible to know which exactly will end up being important, in Shin Godzilla he referenced a Kamen Rider from 2003 after all, the trailers/collab I've seen mostly show things from the original 1966 Ultraman and 1967 Ultraseven.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:05 pm

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote: in Shin Godzilla he referenced a Kamen Rider from 2003 after all,

What is the reference?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

MuscleRobo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:24 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostMuscleRobo#937594 wrote: in Shin Godzilla he referenced a Kamen Rider from 2003 after all,

What is the reference?

In Kamen Rider 555 the evil organization secretly controlling the world behind the scenes of a normal business is an "Amazon-Like" company and the chemicals delivered at the end of the movie come in boxes from them. The company's name is "Smart Brain."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 pm

∆ Oh interesting haha.
Thanks!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:04 am

Thuktun Flishithy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:47 am

;_; yet still no news of a proper US release. I want to watch it in theaters dammit. I wanna see Ultraman on the big screen with all my friends like we've been discussing for months.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:35 am

Someone subtitled the first 10 minutes in Spanish (couldn't find English subs):
https://youtu.be/NW9xCOQ2X4Y

The shot compositions and things chosen to be depicted feel so, so Anno. Either Anno storyboarded or something, or Higuchi is just really good at catching what makes Anno Anno.

MuscleRobo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:45 am

So if you go to AMC's website it says Shin Ultraman is starting on January 11th, 2023. I can't seem to find corroborating information though. See the link . https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/shin-ultraman-71952
:???:

Thuktun Flishithy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Fathom Events has officially confirmed a US release of Shin Ultraman on January 11th for subs, 12th for dub.

Return to “Live-Action "Shin" & Other Khara Projects!”