Shin Eva - Official Blu-ray Release 2022!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
GentlemanX
Adam

Re: Shin Eva - Official Blu-ray Release 2022!

•      
  •      

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:15 pm

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:01 pm

View Original PostGentlemanX wrote:Now confirmed all showings are subbed only. Tickets go on sale Nov 2nd.

No shade intended, but does this actually confirm it? It's always possible that these are just the placeholders for the sub while they iron out dates for the dub version. For all we know, November 2nd, when tickets go on sale, there will be Dub times as well. Or was something officially stated by Gkids in regards to this?

EDIT: Just checked their Twitter, it looks like Subs only indeed seems to be the case. I'll still be there but I'll admit I wish they had the Dub.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:29 pm

I know the Amazon Prime dub is glitchy so maybe if GKids wanted to run the film in English theatrically and fix the issues they might have to strike up a deal with Amazon and that could be so pricey it would make the limited theatrical run pointless. I don't know.

But *if* they are ironing out details and the three Eva shows sell out fast they could always negotiate for more screenings and work in English screenings if they can get them ready. Not sure how the whole Fathom Events organization is run but I think when Funimation did screenings of Shin Godzilla they ended up doubled the amount of shows cause the first few nights did so well.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:49 am

Madman has confirmed 3.0+1.0 showings for Australia and New Zealand, for both Subbed and Dubbed. Although right now I only see Subbed showings available for tickets.

GentlemanX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am

View Original Postmastafishere wrote:
View Original PostGentlemanX#937348 wrote:Now confirmed all showings are subbed only. Tickets go on sale Nov 2nd.

No shade intended, but does this actually confirm it? It's always possible that these are just the placeholders for the sub while they iron out dates for the dub version. For all we know, November 2nd, when tickets go on sale, there will be Dub times as well. Or was something officially stated by Gkids in regards to this?

EDIT: Just checked their Twitter, it looks like Subs only indeed seems to be the case. I'll still be there but I'll admit I wish they had the Dub.

As far as I know, GKids hasn't officially mentioned sub only or dub, so it's possible it was a placeholder. Worth noting, the Fathom page now has a 404 error, suggesting they were asked to take it down. Maybe it was because the placeholder page was causing misinformation? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, super ironic that Crunchyroll is doing the Australian and New Zealand screenings given what went down between Khara and Funimation in the US. That's business for ya!

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:50 am

View Original PostAWinters wrote:
View Original PostFullMetalBiscuit#937300 wrote:Film is indeed showing in Glasgow and Edinburgh next month. Typically, I am away for the Edinburgh screening and the Glasgow one is late on a Sunday...but I'll still make it.

Do you have a link, please? I thought those showings had already been and gone.

Bit late to reply but https://www.lovesanimation.com/

WDS
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby WDS » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:01 pm

What the heck is "Shin Eva"? Another name for 4.0/Thrice Upon a Time?

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:08 pm

^ Yes, it come from the Japanese title シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 (SHIN EVANGERION gekijōban).
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:20 pm

It's also worth noting it follows Anno's recent tendency of attaching "Shin" to his projects, "Shin Godzilla," "Shin Ultraman," "Shin Kamen Rider"--and that it's a common naming strategy for something that's essentially a reboot (for example, "Shin Mazinger"). It means "new," and it was part of the original Japanese title for NGE too, by way of "Shinseiki" or "new century."
Après moi le déluge!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Watched it yesterday. It was beautiful ;_;

Apparently demand is so high they're planning an IMAX release too. If they do I'm going back to see the Wunder battle/70's Saturday morning music on the BIG screen!
Been trying to get one of the posters too.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:57 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Watched it yesterday. It was beautiful ;_;

Apparently demand is so high they're planning an IMAX release too.

God I wish I were you right now haha
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:07 pm

It's happening.
3.0+1.11 releases on Blu-ray/DVD March 8th, 2023 in Japan.
https://www.evangelion.co.jp/final_bd_dvd.html

https://youtu.be/hE0vry1s9pw

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 pm

新作特典映像「EVANGELION:3.0(−46h)」他も収録予定。詳細はこちら So what's this then?
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:新作特典映像「EVANGELION:3.0(−46h)」他も収録予定。詳細はこちら So what's this then?

New bonus video just like imageboards by mahiro maeda.

Now what kind is a mistery. but it will be released in a separate disc so it may be really long

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 pm

Two years to the day from the theatrical release! Fascinating!

hui43210 wrote:新作特典映像「EVANGELION:3.0(−46h)」他も収録予定。詳細はこちら So what's this then?

The naming convention is so similar to that short manga Evangelion 3.0 (-120 min.) I'm thinking it *might* be a new short film set 46 hours before the start of 3.0. Maybe that's what Anno was teasing at with the Lantern Festival this year. Not a new film or series like so many hypothesized but a short film to be included on the film's disc release.

I wish the disc page on the Eva website included a runtime for Evangelion 3.0+1.11 so we could know if they had added any scenes to the movie in this new, presumably Truly Final, cut of the film.

Something to look forward to!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:12 pm

I was pretty sure it'd be a short. Maybe directed by Tsurumaki too? (He wrote that short manga.)

Interesting here is that there's two physical goods you only get at certain stores. Reproduction of Anno's copy of the script for the A part of the film (if I'm understanding correctly), and a 2CD OST. These OSTs have always been different from the "Music from..." albums in that they are the actually edited tracks as they appear in the film. The Shin Eva album was also missing a few tracks. Really hope this gets actually sold separately too.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:16 pm

*heart stops*

WHAT THE FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is this a short film, animatics mayhaps? The naming scheme reminds me of Evangelion 3.0 (-120min). But I don't really know what -46h would be, maybe something with Kaworu and/or at Nerv. Machine translation just gives me "bonus video" but that doesn't say much.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:42 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Is this a short film, animatics mayhaps? The naming scheme reminds me of Evangelion 3.0 (-120min). But I don't really know what -46h would be, maybe something with Kaworu and/or at Nerv. Machine translation just gives me "bonus video" but that doesn't say much.

https://twitter.com/eva_fan/status/1555783184985772032?t=r0rhD6xk2p1QxaxKXwHmbA&s=19

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:38 am

So I guess the disc's special feature EVANGELION: 3.0 (-46H) is officially a short film that will likely provide some degree of backstory.
Anno wrote a script for it and everything.

Google Translation of Tweet:
"Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version"
EVANGELION :3 .0+1.11
Blu-ray & DVD
Released on March 8, 2023
https://evangelion.co.jp
Current,New bonus video "EVANGELION :3 .0 ( − 46h)" under construction
looking forward to!
#庵野秀明 This is a picture of the script used by the general director.

The draft of the script appears to be dated August 5, 2022 so whatever this short is it has probably been in some form of construction for two months and will continue to be in production maybe until the end of the year or into early 2023. Hard to tell from the image but the script doesn't look to be too big so I wouldn't expect this to be some major epic fare but probably will be a 5 to 20 minute short that'll be like the Evangelion: 3.0 (-120m) manga. Probably a nice way to provide more character context for what went down either at NERV or with WILLE a little less than 2 days before the opening of You Can (Not) Redo.

I personally don't want another Evangelion movie or TV series, I know I'm in a minority on that which is okay, but a short film as a special feature on the Blu-ray by the original team is a pretty cool & the kind of special feature I'll be down for!

The twitter account credits Anno as "the General Director" so he's likely overseeing the short while he's in post on Shin Kamen Rider which is also dated to release sometime in March 2023.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:48 am

Finally!
I don't understand how it took them 2 years to release this unless they want to keep Eva relevant until for some soon to be revealed new installment.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”