Looking for a translation of nge spinoff manga "It's A Miraculous Win"

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
pepegapog
Embryo

Looking for a translation of nge spinoff manga "It's A Miraculous Win"

•      
  •      

Postby pepegapog » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Relatively obscure, compared to the other spinoffs so it's hard to find an english version
(Japanese versions are v easy to find). Wouldn't mind paying to read it

https://wiki.evageeks.org/It%27s_A_Miraculous_Win

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Looking for a translation of nge spinoff manga "It's A Miraculous Win"

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:09 pm

I'm not sure an English version exists; to my knowledge was never localized. Might be worth digging around on scanlation sites for, or failing that if you really want to read it and are willing to spend some more substantial money commission someone to do a translation
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

NightComesOn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NightComesOn » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:11 pm

What would it take to commission some fan-translators?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Basically all of them charge by word count, so it depends on the length and density of the whole; Nuclear Lunchbox has talked about charging in the ballpark of 15 cent per word, so you can do the math from there. It's not gonna be cheap, but for a oneshot, it's likely not going to be too prohibitively expensive, either if you really want to have that tl
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:44 pm

View Original PostNightComesOn wrote:What would it take to commission some fan-translators?

There are many fan translators out there that you can easily find. It's usually priced per page, around 2 or 3 dollars for basic-ish ones. Many don't do the scan themselves, and will instead work on already existing "RAW" ones already available. This is how we have many thousands of Eva doujins, of a story-focused, and not so story-focused nature both, already available on doujin sites. I know there are free samples of the first 3 chapters for this manga available officially, but I don't know about the rest.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”