Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sentient Evangelion
Embryo

Re: Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Sentient Evangelion » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:07 pm

I can't say that I'm too fond of shipping characters in media, but with Evangelion's characters, I ship ironically. And in this case, I ship by how sober I am.

ReiShin if I've had a couple beers.

AsuShin if I have an entire six-pack.

MariShin if I drank too many shots of whiskey.

AsuRei if I have a bottle of vodka before bed.

AsuMari if I raided my entire home mini-bar.

KawoShin if I'm rushed to the ER for alcohol poisoning.

RitsuShin if I'm being lowered into my grave.

MisatoShin if I get revived by a defibrillator and have my liver replaced.

GendoShin when I'm a ghost.

Which one is best in my drunken eyes is a hard choice, but if I had to pick a ship when sober, I'd definitely pick Shinji X Manga!Shinji.

In all seriousness, MariShin is my guilty pleasure ship, and it's somehow overlapped my previous taste in ReiShin and AsuShin.
I Just Feel Pity For The Redhead.|Maybe The Chick Stuck Inside Of The Mech Too.|

gelflinghand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gelflinghand » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:20 pm

View Original Postbluebirdh wrote:I don’t know how popular this one is but Asuka x Hikari has been had always been my favourite pairings since my first watch of nge.

Definitely. Also Shinji x Kensuke, and Rei x Touji.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:02 pm

https://youtu.be/OmYrkV0JibU
My last stance on these ships.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:01 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:https://youtu.be/OmYrkV0JibU
My last stance on these ships.

It all sucks except Shinji x Mari... where's the justice?

WDS
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby WDS » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:41 pm

The follow content is a bit NSFW
SPOILER: Show

Spoiler tags added - JoelcrNeto

YTPrenewed
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby YTPrenewed » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:28 pm

...might I ask why you didn't put that image behind spoiler tags and label it NSFW? @WDS

(Disclaimer: I'm well aware I'm not a moderator, and am not asking this with any intentions of pretending to be one. I am just asking this as a fellow forum user concerned about the implications of someone unintentionally displaying that image in public.)

NewFanShAs#22
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NewFanShAs#22 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:10 pm

Asuka Shinj. Shared trauma and can understand each other, even though they have a tough time admitting it. They can help each other heal through being together.

Rei Kensuke. Both are socially awkward but I think they could help each other grow. I have been trying to find more fanfictions where they get together.

Hikari Toji. Need I say more.

Misato Kaji. I like to think Shinji is able to bring Kaji back after 3rd Impact. Saw a fanfiction where he is able to at great personal cost to himself.

Asunji_Yuko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Thu May 11, 2023 2:48 pm

View Original PostNewFanShAs#22 wrote:Asuka Shinj. Shared trauma and can understand each other, even though they have a tough time admitting it. They can help each other heal through being together.

Rei Kensuke. Both are socially awkward but I think they could help each other grow. I have been trying to find more fanfictions where they get together.

Hikari Toji. Need I say more.

Misato Kaji. I like to think Shinji is able to bring Kaji back after 3rd Impact. Saw a fanfiction where he is able to at great personal cost to himself.

I agree with all of this except for Rei/Kensuke. Rei just seems.....like an android. I think that was the intent, though.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri May 12, 2023 1:28 pm

I'm inclined to agree, although for slightly different reason. Rei/Kensuke is pretty much solely a result of a heteronormative urge that unless a boy is paired with a girl and vice versa, that character's journey is not over (only notable exception being old and grizzled/wise veteran/mentor figures), where I'd rather posit the question if that's actually a necessary step in a character journey at all?
Especially in the case of Kensuke, where we are outright shown in Shin (different continuity, yes, but it does still make sense with his NGE character) that he does, in fact, not pursue romance and instead opts to live on his own.
I find that to be a much more interesting direction to take either of their characters in than to simply mash together leftovers
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

noblejie
Embryo

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby noblejie » Sun May 14, 2023 6:36 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:My favorite couple is kaworu and that eva monkey guy. They're so dreamy together.

I was going to say "nah, who the hell is this?!?!?" but then I noticed this is YOU LMAO
the best post on this topic, rlly

View Original PostSentient Evangelion wrote:
SPOILER: Show
AsuMari if I raided my entire home mini-bar.
KawoShin if I'm rushed to the ER for alcohol poisoning.
RitsuShin if I'm being lowered into my grave.
MisatoShin if I get revived by a defibrillator and have my liver replaced.
GendoShin when I'm a ghost.
Which one is best in my drunken eyes is a hard choice, but if I had to pick a ship when sober, I'd definitely pick Shinji X Manga!Shinji.
In all seriousness, MariShin is my guilty pleasure ship, and it's somehow overlapped my previous taste in ReiShin and AsuShin.

wdym, Asuka and Mari are such a nice couple :/ also, KawoShin is cool, I would like to have seen more of them on screen

View Original Postgelflinghand wrote:
View Original Postbluebirdh#933958 wrote:I don’t know how popular this one is but Asuka x Hikari has been had always been my favourite pairings since my first watch of nge.

Definitely. Also Shinji x Kensuke, and Rei x Touji.

It's good to know that there are more people who like rare pairs like me. Asuka x Hikari is so awesome, it would be cute to have them living a normal teenager/ young adult live together.
Shinji x Kensuke would be the purest form of entertainment, their dynamic is so funny! But I think their relationship wouldn't last too much, there could be a lot of fights since Kensuke was obsessed w/ being a EVA pilot and Shinji could be offended...
No offense intended, but why Rei x Touji? I like Touji x Hikari, they are so normal it makes me happy :tongue:
I really like shipping in media, but I don't really try to make everyone like the same things I like, I try to be always respectful, so... Here are my fav pairs!

Asuka x Mari!!! they are so cute on the rebuilds ♡, the way Mari calls Asuka "Hime" feels like a pet name (at least in portuguese)

Misato x Ritsuko. When I watched NGE for the first time, I thought they could have a really good and mature relationship, instead of the dishonest and "strange" relationships they had with men

Ritsuko x Maya: I really love their dynamic, Maya's cheerful and empathic personality would go nicely with Ritsuko's more realistic and blunt way

Kaworu x Shinji. Idk, I think this one is kind of controversial (:| , but I enjoy it anyways. I like how they have this "destiny" thing, it's really nice to see how kindly Kaworu treats Shinji even though he's an angel.

Mari x Shinji. They looked so good together on the last evangelion rebuild, oh my god... It was so cute when Mari surprised Shinji after he saved the world!

Hikari x Touji, really obvious

Hikari x Asuka, I wish they could have had a normal life together :(

Hikari x Rei (rebuild) I will not elaborate

Misato x Kaji (rebuild). I used to dislike them in NGE, but I started liking them on the rebuilds

Suzuhara Sakura x Shinji. Once again, I choose to not elaborate

Polyamorous Eva pilots (Shinji, Asuka, Kaworu, Mari) I like to think of it as an open relationship, where not exactly everyone of them is with everyone (Kaworu and Asuka are not dating in this case, they kind of remind me of Yuno gasai and Akise Aru from Mirai Nikki :bigeyes: (:| ) It would be REALLY entertaining LMAO , I can see Misato asking them something like "If someone wants to breakup you guys have a meeting and vote this person out?? How does this works?!?!"
Those are not rlly serious btw (only AsuMari :uhh: ) I hope no one diss me on the replies :bigeyes:

View Original PostHunter21 wrote:Hikari is a freak beyond freaks. She's just...ugh....I hate her.
I bet you she's a cyborg under all that sugary cuteness.

why :( ?

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Moderation Warning

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun May 14, 2023 7:33 pm

Please, don't make multiple posts in a row: edit your posts to add something.
Your posts was merged into one.

Also, read our forum rules.

Thank you!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FriendlyTechpriest
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FriendlyTechpriest » Fri May 26, 2023 4:44 am

It depends on the version of Evangelion honestly.
If it's Neon Genesis, I really like Asuka and Shinji, their toxic relationship and what EoE means for them. The hedgegog dilemma in full display and their arcs work very well when interwined. In secondary works like Girlfriend of Steel I tend to prefer Rei for some reason. In Rebuilds I like to think Mari and Shinji end up together and break away from the toxicity and harm that came before.
In all versions I love Misato and Kaji, I love that mature vibe. And just for shitposting I like imagining Kaworu and Rei hooking up in the Rebuilds, though it's not serious and it's just for laugh.

Hubble_Trubble
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hubble_Trubble » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:14 pm

This is my first post on this forum.

I like shipping Yui and Mari together, given Mari is aged up. They're cool, they should kiss. (link to imgur art I drew because embed isn't working)

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:19 pm

Nice drawing, inspired by manga I presume
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:00 am

Eh...
I can't help but ship Yui and Gendo. It's the quintessential relationship in Evangelion IMO...
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:12 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Eh...
I can't help but ship Yui and Gendo. It's the quintessential relationship in Evangelion IMO...

IMO, Yui has poor taste in men. I mean, we saw the kind of man Gendo had become.

But it’s fine that you ship them though.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:23 pm

Yui isn't that much better than Gendo if I'm being honest. Especially in NTE.
In any case, they work really well together. Yui loves Gendo for who he is and is able to see a side of him that others aren't even aware of. She did know who he was and still decided to start a family with him. And their relationship is so important that it goes beyond "shippy territory". It's part of the story and I love their ending in Shin.

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 pm

I am a AsuShin shipper
I got proof here cause I drew it...once cause I have little time to draw plus been drawing other stuff
Plus I doodled a lot of AsuShin in a thread I made called "Evangelion Dumb Doodles Series"

I just like them, I like them when they are together, makes my dumb dumb little brain happy

I don't mind what people ship I just like AsuShin, makes me happy :]
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”