The Macross Legacy Thread (Incl. +/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier/Δ)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: The Macross Legacy Thread (Incl. +/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier/Δ)

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 am

Finished Frontier; took a bit to get there, but the show got its act together quite confidently at the end. Nothing groundbreaking, but a solidly executed last third or so. Probably not gonna rewatch it any time soon, but looking back, definitely worth its runtime.
Unfortunately, the model kits are entirely too large for me to feasibly put on my shelf, so I'll have to look at something else for that
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

MuscleRobo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:54 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Finished Frontier; took a bit to get there, but the show got its act together quite confidently at the end. Nothing groundbreaking, but a solidly executed last third or so. Probably not gonna rewatch it any time soon, but looking back, definitely worth its runtime.
Unfortunately, the model kits are entirely too large for me to feasibly put on my shelf, so I'll have to look at something else for that

If you didn't know the films actually do a "NTE" style thing that reinterprets but also expands on the universe; so don't think they're the usual clip shows! Plus lots of cute Ranka!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:18 pm

This doesn't exactly relate to any of the Macross anime properites, but I thought I should post this to anyone who is interested.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

The Killer of Heroes
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm

I just finished Zettai Live!!!!!!. Movie was rad, the ending made me tear up a bit.

I think its interesting that the Frontier and Delta movies both end up with much more bittersweet endings than the TV series ever did. At least I'm assuming this is the ending to the Delta story, it would be really weird to have a third movie as a direct followup after this one.

Return to “Anime and Manga”