Announcement regarding recent forum changes

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Announcement regarding recent forum changes

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:14 am

Me and Joel are now super! Thanks everything, guys.
Hui has voluntarily stepped down from his role as a mod. Thanks for everything. You helped a lot, especially in August of last year, when we needed the most. Wow, nostalgia vibes right now XD
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:13 am

Your avatar is super as well XD
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:38 am

Thanks everyone! The opportunity to be a mod was great, but after 10 years on the forum, I'm ready to move on so I decided to step down. Not going to make a goodbye post as I'll drop in as any Eva news comes about, but otherwise will no longer be active on the forum, although I still intend on being active on the Discord.

So, semi-goodbye to everyone. :kaworu_thumbsup:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:35 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Your avatar is super as well XD

You got it. I was planning this since August of last year hahahaha
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:22 pm

Have fun, hui!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:59 am

After some discussion backstage, we have decided to rename what was previously known as The flaws and/or artistic validity of Shin and NTE as a whole into Quality of NTE containment thread after the debate regarding it spilled over into every tangentially related thread and drowned out any attempt at discussing the actual topic of conversation. Going forward, this is the only place where in-depth debate regarding the quality of the movies is to be debated. Derailing any other thread into this will be cracked down on harshly.
The thread is currently locked until we have made a decision on how to proceed in regards to the issues leading up to this decision.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:55 pm

After some internal discussion on how to proceed, the previously locked topics have now been unlocked.

Going forwards, these threads will be more closely monitored and the existing rules of conversation will be enforced much more strictly. The kind of soapboxing, adhom and general us vs them intolerance of differing opinions that got the threads locked will not fly anymore, as it never should have in the first place. We have had multiple people reach out to us that this kind of behaviour is a large part of the reason that they are less active than they used to be or quit the forums altogether; we are not letting this become a breeding ground for toxicity.

Any attempt at derailing another thread into being about the quality of NTE or intentional violation of these basic rules of not being an asshole will be met with disciplinary action depending on severity of the offense and, most crucially, the amount of times the user in question has been warned.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 am

I appreciate that openness, thank you.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”