Re-Take Fan Animation Project

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re-Take Fan Animation Project

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

This a fan animated adaptation of Doujin of the same name by Studio Kimigabuchi. It is a 4-part miniseries and an unofficial sequel to The End of Evangelion from the original anime franchise.

Over course of last year I wrote and drew all 4 scripts and 4 storyboards and am ready to start casting voices.

The basic synopsis is that Shinji awakens just at the end of episode 16, as if everything after that was just a dream. With his knowledge of the future, Shinji sets out to avert everyone's fate, especially Asuka's. However, he is haunted by visions of Asuka from the canon series.

I'm looking for voice actors/actresses who can give a performance with a wide range of emotion and sound similar to the original cast of the English dub (Specifically Spike Spencer and Tiffany Grant), not the Netflix release. This project is non-profit so there will be no salary

This project will be traditionally animated, each episode is around 22 minutes. Selected users will recieve a private message containing a link to a file containing the scripts and storyboards, as well as instructions on organizing the files.

You can check out the animation test and the voice actor auditions below. I think their Asuka sounds perfect. They're still looking for a VA for Ritsuko after the last one went AWOL, and an audio engineer for sound effects. Most fan projects like this tend to not get finished but there already is a surprising amount of work done. You can also see from the author's channel that already has plenty of other finished projects. I can only imagine this is a very ambitious fan project so please share it elsewhere and provide some feedback on the video.

https://youtu.be/dgIsPJxt1Vo (how do I embed videos again?)

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/e ... -animation

Updates are being posted on their Discord:

https://discord.com/invite/8HsbFqk
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Re-Take Fan Animation Project

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 pm

It looks great

DA'AT
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DA'AT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:10 pm

nice. any updates on this?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Yes, on their Discord server.

https://discord.gg/8HsbFqk

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:17 pm

I guess a fan trying to emulate a professional animation production is kind of interesting. I have no hope of learning how to animate, but the process has always seemed interesting to me.

Re-Take is a stupid fanfic though, and I will never understand why anyone likes it. The moment it showed Rei going insane with jealousy and killing herself, I lost all interest.

sephiroth2004
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sephiroth2004 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:22 pm

Here's an update

Animated and voiced scene of Asuka visiting Shinji in the hospital
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDCQJhn-3Y&t=1s

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:01 pm

Hah, I forgot I made a thread for this already. Anyway, I'd like to mention to those wondering that the project is still very much alive, and a couple more images have been posted today. Episode 1 is about 80% done and as I understand it's mostly the fight scenes that have to be finished. Either way, I asked the author, Redsam121, for authorization to post the pics he has posted on the Discord channel here, there are almost a hundred of them, including some gifs. I'm gonna post just a few of them, 25 or so. In addition to the now pretty decently watched videos, I think this can suffice to prove the project is very much real and alive.

I should mention that although Redsam is quite talented in my opinion and I personally find it refreshing that he has his own, slightly more Western style rather than just imitating Sadamoto's, he is just one student working in in his spare time, and the updates usually come every 2 months or so, in addition to the VAs and I think one more guy handling audio engineering.

SPOILER: Show

Additionally, some videos of more or less finished scenes. Unfortunately, seems I can't embed them:

Return to “Fan Works”