Fanfics off the beaten path (not on FF or AO3) or lost fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

sephiroth2004
Embryo

Fanfics off the beaten path (not on FF or AO3) or lost fics

•      
  •      

Postby sephiroth2004 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:14 am

We're all familiar with FF and AO3, probably most mediaminer. Those who like lemons know AFF and lemonastica (now found on the archive).

Any other sites that have effectively exclusive content by virtue of it existing there and not on FF/AO3? Or specifically, fics that are not on any of the above four platforms? If you're not familiar with mediaminer, there's some decent LAS content that's only on there (and other stuff).

Here's an example I've only found here: Holding Hands
http://studioshinnyo.com/txt/hhands1.txt

Another
https://www.oocities.org/seele_hq/Archive/

Another one (haven't gone through yet to check exclusivity but certainly is not a common fanfic site)
https://www.angelfire.com/anime/evangel ... iction.htm

And if you know a fic that used to be on a platform and was deleted but there does exist somewhere a copy, that would be cool too. There's some lost fics I've wanted to read based on a description but never could find a copy that wasn't deleted.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fanfics off the beaten path (not on FF or AO3) or lost fics

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:02 am

My fics all live on my own personal site, though a couple of Dirty Pair fics did appear elsewhere too.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

sephiroth2004
Embryo

Re: Fanfics off the beaten path (not on FF or AO3) or lost fics

•      
  •      

Postby sephiroth2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 am

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

I still remember when I stumbled upon Ghosts of Evangelion last year from, I think the asushin subreddit fic rec page, and that's when I realized there's probably some other really great fics that for whatever reason the author never wanted to publish on FF or AO3.

sephiroth2004
Embryo

Copy of lost fic NGE: Sincerely Yours by TalonEmpire?

•      
  •      

Postby sephiroth2004 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 am

I've wanted to read this for a long time but have never been able to find a copy anywhere. It's the prequel to You Can (Not) Redo, if you're wondering.

Anybody have a copy saved or know where to find one? Things like this are why I feel like I should save a file for every fic I like in the event the author decides to take it down, as was the case here, or the site hosting it dies.

Return to “Fanfiction”