The in-universe contributions of Yui

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

The in-universe contributions of Yui

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 am

Throughout the series it is often implied that the E-project would've not been completed without Yui.
However, besides the paper that Fuyutsuki deems "interesting" and comments on her being "a brilliant scientist", there is little said about Yui's contributions to the in-world science.
Unlike Naoko, whose achievements with MAGI are explained in detail, I don't recall anything specific about Yui being said.
In Evangelion 3.33, Fuyustuki states that she developed the soul-transfer/body-fusing technology to give the Evas their soul. Is anything like that said in NGE? :uhh:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Clowncarcrash
Embryo

Re: The in-universe contributions of Yui

•      
  •      

Postby Clowncarcrash » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:24 am

I don’t thing there’s anything in the text outside of her volunteering herself to be a test subject that ended up being her demise.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:48 pm

No, Yui is fairly explicitly stated to have been pretty deeply involved in the research; metanarratively speaking, it is a very common trope in mecha that when an activation experiment of a potentially volatile fighting machine happens, the test pilot is one of the lead scientists working on it, because they know the system the best
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Yui was connected with SEELE itself so her contributions might have been overstated especialy because of her young age,it was her that made first contact with Lilith to learn of unit 01 ability as a ark.

The E project would have been completed regardless because of the death sea scrolls.

Both Rei and Shinji would not have been there without her contribution

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:21 pm

Ah I see.
Thanks y'all!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”