The fate of Reis 3,4 & 5

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AsukaShikinami10
Adam

The fate of Reis 3,4 & 5

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:41 am

I was wondering what was the posible role given to the Reis that came before Rei 6. In 2.0 we see that the dummy system doesn't need a human pilot to function anymore. Even Eva Mark.06 was made an autonomous unit too.

I believe that in 3.333 and TUAT we are shown that Neo Nerv doesn't need human pilots for their mass-produced evas anymore.

It seems there have been no other Eva available for any other Rei before Rei 6 (and after Rei II) to pilot. So what are the potential roles Rei 3,4 & 5 could have had in between the timeskip? Any thoughts?

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

Re: The fate of Reis 3,4 & 5

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:23 am

Getting interrogated in the purple room, maybe :rei_question:

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Idle observation on this topic:

The only times we see a group of Ayanamis on-screen in the rebuilds are here in 3+1:

And here in 2.0's Q preview:
SPOILER: Show
Both a group of four in a purple room. Don't know what to make of it, but it can't be a coincidence.

These could be Rei 1, 3, 4, and 5? Or Rei 3, 4, 5, and 6?

AsukaShikinami10 wrote:I believe that in 3.333 and TUAT we are shown that Neo Nerv doesn't need human pilots for their mass-produced evas anymore.

Were we? Seems plausible that Neo Nerv doesn't need human pilots if they can mass produce DMYSYS but I don't remember seeing this.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:49 pm

I seem to recall a storyboard stating that the decapitated Rei heads at neo-NERV are "control units", implying that all of neo-NERV Evas (with the exception of the four Adam's Vessels) have a Rei head stuck somewhere inside. Enjoy your horror.

As for the Reis 3,4 and 5, my guess is that 3 could had been activated as an attempt by Gendo to get "his" Rei back, she and maybe also the others,might had been used as pilots for the Adam's Vessels: Mari mentions to ReiQ in 3.0 that she should leave her Eva or else she'll end absorbed by it, strongly implying that this is something WILLE already witnessed before.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AsukaShikinami10
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:44 pm

El mariachi wrote:
I seem to recall a storyboard stating that the decapitated Rei heads at neo-NERV are "control units", implying that all of neo-NERV Evas (with the exception of the four Adam's Vessels) have a Rei head stuck somewhere inside. Enjoy your horror.

Oh God. I would've loved to see a small glimpse of that animated while Fututsuki makes the infodump about it.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:16 pm

View Original PostAsukaShikinami10 wrote:Oh God. I would've loved to see a small glimpse of that animated while Fututsuki makes the infodump about it.

It's actually during Fuyutsuki's infodump to Shinji during their play of shogi in 3.0.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:11 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I seem to recall a storyboard stating that the decapitated Rei heads at neo-NERV are "control units", implying that all of neo-NERV Evas (with the exception of the four Adam's Vessels) have a Rei head stuck somewhere inside. Enjoy your horror.

What is it with NTE and decapitation? :D seriously...

AsukaShikinami10
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:38 am

El mariachi wrote:
It's actually during Fuyutsuki's infodump to Shinji during their play of shogi in 3.0.

I meant a scene with a giggling decapitated Rei head inside the entre plug of an eva. That would have been creepy.

@DantesInferno I know, right? It is mostly prominent in 3.333. Mark.09 lost its head to Mari's gunshots, then we got a lot of severed Rei heads. Next thing we got to see were the headless Failures of Infinity and the decapitated corpse of Lilith with her head inside the command center; and finally Mark.06 decapitated by Mark.09. Lol.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:39 am

Here are another few decapitation instances:

In 3.0, when Kaworu is killed by the DSS choker. You can clearly see his head float upwards from the center of the explosion at his neck before the dividing screen is fully splattered by his blood.

In 2.0, after devouring most of Unit-00 (piloted by Rei 2), the 10th Angel ("Zeruel") spits out the helmeted head right when Shinji is surveying the blasted landscape.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”