Impact mechanism

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Star
Embryo

Impact mechanism

•      
  •      

Postby Star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:08 am

Hello, I am new here.
I have few questions about the third impact and what can cause it.
From what I understood,
- For every planet there should be only one seed: Life or Knowledge.
- Having both Seeds grants you the power of a god
- Everyone is trying to obtain the power of both seed in order to realize their version of the third impact. The first one that is able to do it will cause the third impact at his term.
- The “Impact” mechanism has been designed by the FAR in order to restore the natural equilibrium, only one seed per planet.

One thing that I am missing, is an Impact the same of instrumentality?

Based on that, here the questions:
1. Why the angels should look for Adam?
What is the logic behind that?
Should not a “real” impact be caused by a seed of life merging with a seed of knowledge?
Basically, every angel except Gaghiel is looking for Lilith in the terminal Dogma.
(For me Gaghiel spawn there just as an execuse to show Asuka/Eva02 in the show, but it does not really fit in the plot)

I have read that the angel looks for Adam in order to awakening him so he can eliminate all the Lilith based life form.
If Adam alone can prevail on Lilith alone, why even be bothered to stop him with a lance of longinus.

2. What are the “Terms and condition” for this merging to work?

Some sort of merging happened multiple time:
o Second Impact (Human DNA + Adam)
o Leleil (Angel + Lilith based EVA01, nothing happened?)
o Bardiel (Angel + Adam based Eva, nothing happened?)
o Eva eating Zeruel, should not be this enough for an impact? What is missing?
It seems like that everyone is scared of a possible contact but it is not that easy to create a god and cause an “impact”
3. At the start of EP17, Gendo says:“The Angels are beginning to attain intelligence. The time left to us is...” (Running Short)
What is that even mean? How the angels are acquiring the “fruit of Knowledge”?

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Impact mechanism

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:52 pm

To answer, in order:

1. The Angels are looking for Adam to reboot the planet into an Adam-based ecosystem and replace Lilin-kind with their own kind. You don't technically need both Seeds to perform an Impact, the term can refer to any Seed activity that effectively remakes the world. SEELE and Gendo's agendas require both, however.

2. I don't know what you mean by terms and conditions. Angelic lifeforms (and perhaps all life) can just straight up merge as a result of lowering their AT Fields to allow them into each other. Certain Angels do this invasively, like Arael tried to do with Rei.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Star
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:36 pm

This seems confusing to me:
1. If the Angels are looking for Adam why they attack the NERV?

2. I meant, if there are rules to this merging, as it seems that some of it do not cause any sort of impact (Leleil, Bardiel and Zeruel being eaten)

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:41 pm

not to mention kaworu who is adams soul in a lilin body; or adams flesh and soul in Gendo (a lilin);
Or adams flesh and soul into Rei (liliths soul and a lilin body)

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 am

Afaik, it was pretty big plot point that underneath Nerv, it is is fact Lilith and not Adam. Kaworu only realized when he finally got there.
So the angels are hunting for Adam, not Lilith.
The angels are looking for Adam to wipe out humanlife and let angels proliferate.

What I dont get, why is it such a problem if angels would reach Lilith? It seems like the ruse is effective.
Maybe its important to keep up that ruse, sure, but at least it wouldn't have apocalyptic consequences, just the risk of losing the advantage of fooling the angels.
If they found out it is the wrong seed, would they start going after Gendo instead?

So there are 2 outcomes?
Adambased life merges with Adam: End of world for humans
Lilithbased life merges with Adam: Human Instrumentality Project
Both are impacts

So angels have no desire for instrumentality, nor gaining intelligence (even though some seem to possess a bit of intelligence, trying to communicate, being curious).
They just want to retake their rightful place, not go beyond it as humans (Gendo/Seele) do.

Cola-09
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cola-09 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Wait a second. If all lilith-based life that merges with Adam = HIP, then how come the second impact didn't kickoff Instrumentality?
I thought the injection of human DNA into Adam was the cause of the second impact, or was it merely the removal of the spear?

Because if it's indeed the injection, then I believe it's not enough to have just a lilith-based life, it has to be Lilith/Lilith's soul.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:30 pm

View Original PostZoop wrote:Afaik, it was pretty big plot point that underneath Nerv, it is is fact Lilith and not Adam. Kaworu only realized when he finally got there.
So the angels are hunting for Adam, not Lilith.
The angels are looking for Adam to wipe out humanlife and let angels proliferate.

Perhaps all the other angels are aware that it's Lilith and want to destroy her. Destroy Lilith; destroy the Lillum.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”