Films you walked out on

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Films you walked out on

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:17 pm

A recent Stephen King interview revealed that the one film as an adult he walked out on was Transformers (2007). Even if whatever reason he had for walking out is understandable, that one out of the Bay Transformers flicks was the only one I could actually stand.

But then again, I also walked on before I could watch a flick before though reasons vary and maybe no reason I can remember at all. Here are some I can remember off the top of my head:

Cellular (2004)
Blade Trinity (2004)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Based on what I can recall, Cellular was one of the only that during a long line I begged my dad to walk out on. As for the other two, I just had this bad feeling that they were gonna suck so before they began, and even though with Blade Trinity was finishing it's ending and credits were rolling, it's a no go. BTW, I was more interested in what a Blade 3 would be with their original director Oliver Hirschbiegel since he created the most memorable Hitler meme in that Downfall movie.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Films you walked out on

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:04 pm

Don't think I've ever walked out of a cinema by virtue of barely ever going to see films on the big screen in the first place, but there's definitely been a number of times where I watched some stuff on TV with family and at some point walked out on that; problem is that most of it was so generic that I don't remember any of the names :tongue:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:13 pm

I comprehend. One time when the first Tom Cruise 1996 Mission Impossible came out on VHS and me and my parents were visiting relatives but I guess due to it supposedly being too violent for a kid of my age so the older kids could tune in but not me.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:06 am

I walked out of one of the Star Wars Disney films because it was so much worse than the first two trilogies.

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:49 am

The closest comparison to that I have is just completely zoning out or turning it off halfway and never attempting to rewatch. Here are a couple, (not counting my wife's lifetime movies)

hocus pocus 2
Avatar (not the Airbender one, which I actually kinda liked)
Open house
You people

Sorry, no in depth reasoning for the hate on these films, they just suck.

I'll add more later.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Return to “Film and Video”