Moderator: Board Staff

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Panty and Stocking Returns!

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:40 am

Surprised no one is talking about it here, so I might well alert: Trigger made the call.

The dream is alive again.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Panty and Stocking Returns!

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:42 am

It's hard for me to even wrap my mind around Panty and Stocking of all things finally coming back. It's just something I had accepted was never going to happen lol.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:56 am

Guess that means I should actually watch the first season.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:07 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Guess that means I should actually watch the first season.
I'm kind of surprised a longtimer here hasn't seen it yet tbh. Its probably the last show from Gainax that people actually liked.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:46 pm

^Well, I haven't seen it in its entirety either, so it isn't that odd.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:24 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Its probably the last show from Gainax that people actually liked.

As much as I count in the ranks of PSG enjoyers, I very distinctly remember the fanbase being very divided on it.

And does anyone remember there being an something like a "continuation" manga short, like 10 pages or so? Because I actually remember coming across it in ..."places" and it looked like it was, well, "official", and yet exactly as "seriously-takeable" as the series itself. Maybe I was mistaken though.
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:12 am

Man you guys are in for a trip.

View Original PostBiQ wrote:
View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes#936179 wrote:Its probably the last show from Gainax that people actually liked.

As much as I count in the ranks of PSG enjoyers, I very distinctly remember the fanbase being very divided on it.

And does anyone remember there being an something like a "continuation" manga short, like 10 pages or so? Because I actually remember coming across it in ..."places" and it looked like it was, well, "official", and yet exactly as "seriously-takeable" as the series itself. Maybe I was mistaken though.
Maybe its just symptomatic of the crowds I hung/hang out with then, but I saw very few people that watched it dislike it.

Yeah that manga is technically a doujin but I think it was made by someone that actually worked on the show. Can't remember who at the moment though. It'll be interesting to see if any of it gets worked into the new anime too.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 am

This is exciting!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:14 am

View Original PostBiQ wrote:
View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes#936179 wrote:Its probably the last show from Gainax that people actually liked.

That is the Cemetery Hills doujin drawn by Imaishi.
https://kuribo4indahouse.tumblr.com/post/155499006757/platano-slice-kuribo4indahouse-translators
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:20 pm

Return to “Studio Trigger”