Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:06 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Awesome news for the upcoming Last Evolution film, the 02 generation that didn't appear so much in Tri will be given their time in the spotlight!
https://withthewill.net/threads/22033-0 ... -Cast-Info

Didn't see it yet, was it better than Tri 06?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters B/

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:56 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:
View Original PostGus Hanson#889261 wrote:Awesome news for the upcoming Last Evolution film, the 02 generation that didn't appear so much in Tri will be given their time in the spotlight!
https://withthewill.net/threads/22033-0 ... -Cast-Info

Didn't see it yet, was it better than Tri 06?

Haven't finished all of Tri yet but given what critics and longtime fans have said about it, probably not a big loss.

BTW, out of all the songs that the first few seasons of the English dub, I love "Run Around" the most. Not just the original but any cover version I can hear anywhere.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri May 20, 2022 7:37 am

Thanks to a friend, I've been slowly making my way through a lot of it. Saw all of OG Adventure months ago, currently clawing my way through Zero Two.

It's been an interesting experience. I don't have any childhood nostalgia, so I've been plowing through episodes with no fondness or longing for childhood. And there's a lot that works. Feels like an anime version of Alice in Wonderland in some way.

Hopefully I'll find more surprises as I dig deeper. So far the things that really impressed me were the first 3 movies.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:34 pm

One time I saw the Tamers second non-canon movie where they try to stop a Digimon train from crashing into somewhere that would be lethal. I liked it even though because it's non-canon, the obvious Takato/Rika chemistry taking place feels like a missed opportunity.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:26 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:One time I saw the Tamers second non-canon movie where they try to stop a Digimon train from crashing into somewhere that would be lethal. I liked it even though because it's non-canon, the obvious Takato/Rika chemistry taking place feels like a missed opportunity.

Pfft, why would he want to be with Rika? Jeri/Juri's got hand puppets!

And a more relatable backstory where mom isn't a runnaway success, but a prostitut-- oh no wait, they cut that part out.

... I think she's dead. Just like Leomon.
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Oh well, it was more due in part to the very limited knowledge I had of Tamers since I didn't see much except an episode where the school teacher and the co-worker has a crush on her are attacked at night by bad Digimon, I don't even remember which. One thing I definitely noticed was that the female teacher was voiced at the time by Lara Jill Miller who was the original dub voice of Kari, Tai's little sister.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:21 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Oh well, it was more due in part to the very limited knowledge I had of Tamers since I didn't see much except an episode where the school teacher and the co-worker has a crush on her are attacked at night by bad Digimon

Pretty sure the Dub manufactured that first part.

In the Japanese audio the Teacher hates her job and is having a motivation crisis because of it. I think the coworker takes notice.

Return to “Anime and Manga”