What is Asuka yelling in german in the adv dub while throwing the ship during her battle against the JSSDF?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
oopsitsnolan
Embryo

What is Asuka yelling in german in the adv dub while throwing the ship during her battle against the JSSDF?

•      
  •      

Postby oopsitsnolan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:42 pm

I cannot understand it and I want to know :(

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: What is Asuka yelling in german in the adv dub while throwing the ship during her battle against the JSSDF?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 pm

She's a native German speaker, so it makes sense that during a moment of high stress and excitement like that, she might revert to that for a battle cry
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: What is Asuka yelling in german in the adv dub while throwing the ship during her battle against the JSSDF?

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:05 am

Yeah, but what she's saying? I'm curious now hahaha
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:32 pm

This excerpt from the thread "Dialogue help!" In the Chit Chat forum might help.

View Original PostBerserker wrote:EoE
Try that!/ Trieben (loosely translates to carry on, considering the context on hand)

Eat this, arschloch!

It'd be kind of someone who has a good grasp on German, unlike me, to confirm the EoE ones out.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”