Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:02 am

Take care, pwhodges. You were and still are the coolest elderly guy I've ever seen. This place won't be the same without you.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:18 pm

So long, Paul!

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:17 am

Incredibly late to say that, but take care, pwhodges.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:54 am

Also late, but nonetheless, your posts where always a highlight to read here on the forum, We're all going to miss you Paul
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:09 pm

Also incredibly late. Goodbye, Paul! I find it ironic that I'm saying goodbye to you when I thought, seven years ago, that it would stay the other way around for good.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:02 pm

I discovered NGE in the mid 2000s and the series as a whole changed my outlook on anime and films as a whole - experiencing eva and digging into the deep lore and thematic undertones was a life-changing experience and greatly contributed to my maturity during my teenage years.

After 1.0's release, the years between the rebuilt films were long. I discovered this forum when 2.0 released in Japanese theaters but never deep dived into this community's countless discussions until the 3.0 speculation truly started. Each movie coincided with a phase of my life (NGE middle school, 1.0 and 2.0 high school, 3.0 university and Shin with adult working life) - and looking back on it, the discussions we had on this forum were exactly what I needed to survive the long years of waiting for the next entry.

I wanted to say thanks to this community. With Shin concluding the rebuild saga, I also feel an important phase of my life has now been fulfilled and it's time to move on. I have no doubt eva will live on and lots of media will bless us longtime fans in the future, but for now this is the end of my eva journey and I'm excited to dedicate my time to other new things in my life.

Cheers!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:15 pm

Later Stan. Stop in anytime you feel like.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Take care, Stan!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

fretcube
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fretcube » Wed May 11, 2022 12:05 am

i guess i should introduce myself so here i go !!
hi, my name is fret, but you can also call me ven! (people primarily use fret for me though) :asukahearts:
i've been a fan of evangelion for a little over a year now, and my favorite characters are kaworu, Rei, maya, Misato, ritsuko, penpen, and makoto! :kaworusparkle: feel free to talk to me abt evangelion lore or theories ^^ i always like reading people's theories on evangelion :asuka_happy:
i've found myself reading some stuff on evageeks, i just didn't have an account when i started (but now i do!) i came here so i could talk with others about evangelion and hopefully make some friends along the way :misato_wink:
and that wraps up my introduction! thanks for reading it all if you did :rei_happy:
"As long as I live, the voice of love and hate will melt away with this child-like blue hand." - Eve, Don't Replay The Boredom (退屈を再演しないで)
"If you hate a monk, you will even hate his robe." - Miyashita Yuu, Wozwald (ヲズワルド)
"What's done is done, it feels so bad, what once was happy now is sad. I'll never love again, my world is ending." - ARIANNE, Komm, süsser Tod

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed May 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Welcome, fretcube!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

PFARN
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PFARN » Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 am

Hi, I found this page on a funny reddit threat about NGE.

This site is interesting for me because I can read theories and see more about evangelion, that's why I was browsing some site to see this stuff.
A friend told me that I won't understood NGE and those things, so I started to see the anime and the movies (NGE + EOE) and this anime liked me too much, I was able to understood a lot of things and make theories it's to fantastic :emogendo: .
I started to watch the rebuilds and I searched in this site more theories and I'll rewatch those because I didn't pay attention to a lot of things hehehehehe, because I saw every rebuild at 12AM or 1AM :D .
I see this forum very friendly with newbies and anyone can send and receive information.
Well, also I can't speak/write English very well, but I try anyway to read and write here.
Also, I have 14th hears old and I live in Venezuela, and a part of my family doesn't like the anime hehehehe, I watched evangelion hidden of my parents hehehehe :D .
At least I found funny and exciting evangelion with those theories, psychology, and teachings ^_^ .

Also, thanks for reading

Btw, how can I put those picture (Or sticker(?) On the post of this forum? Like the Kaworu ones or the Asuka ones

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu May 19, 2022 11:19 am

Welcome! We border :D
View Original PostPFARN wrote:Btw, how can I put those picture (Or sticker(?) On the post of this forum? Like the Kaworu ones or the Asuka ones

When you’re writing a post, there’s a smilies menu on the right, hit on “View more smilies” link and look for the one you want. :kaworusparkle:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

PFARN
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PFARN » Thu May 19, 2022 11:49 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:When you’re writing a post, there’s a smilies menu on the right, hit on “View more smilies” link, and look for the one you want. :kaworusparkle:

Ohhhh, thanks :marihearts:

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Fri May 20, 2022 7:09 am

Ello.

Against everything, I'm fine. Lot of things have happened since last I was here, lot of stuff has been watched. Felt like posting here again after years of inactivity and wanted to stroll by memory lane again. Almost comforting that posting here hasn't changed since I last posted.

I'm aware what happened to the site. Also seen the final Rebuild movie, gave me a sense of cathartics knowing that this franchise got a happy ending. Don't push yourself to catch me up on what's happened.

If any of the old timers want to chat and catch up, PMs are always open.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 pm

Welcome back, C.A.P.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm

I know this bit is going to piss some people in management but I am willing to go out on strike three and I am out. I just want to appreciate the intense love for anime in general that I had a long time ago and I don't think reviewing constantly on a day to day basis is going to cut it. To Blockio, sorry we could not finish the Gundam Seed Discord marathons we'd embark on but you were my best message board friend and that's something I will never forget.

Goodbye,
Gus Hanson
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 pm

See you next week, bro XD
Just kidding hahaha
I wish you well.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue May 24, 2022 10:48 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:See you next week, bro XD
Just kidding hahaha
I wish you well.

LOL! Well you are right about one thing. I think I will experiment how long can I last not posting here. If I make it past a week, I will listen to a J-pop song of your choosing that you consider the worst ever.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed May 25, 2022 12:53 pm

Take care Gus!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Ave Omnissiah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ave Omnissiah » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:44 am

Howdy All!

I go by Ave Omnissiah online; I first watched Evangelion about 15 or so years ago, and got back in with the Rebuild series.

My background is one of historic education and military industrial analysis, which has shaped how I view media such as Eva. Just as there is a shift away from the Great Man Theory in historiography, I find the concept of "history from below" can be fascinating in fictional mediums as well- how does the average person experience and influence the events around them?

I first stumbled on the Wiki while working on a project involving running modeling and analysis of fictional employment of real-world systems, which I decided to apply to Evangelion in part due to the detailed portrayal of recognizable defense assets. Once I got started, I decided to share the fruits of my labor with the community that had made it so much easier, so look forward to that in the coming weeks!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”