Discussion thread about the crossover between Evangelion, Ultraman, Godzilla and Kamen Rider. What we should expect?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Discussion thread about the crossover between Evangelion, Ultraman, Godzilla and Kamen Rider. What we should expect?

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:59 pm

When talking about syllabaries (hiragana and katakana), they are just a set of sounds. Kanji, on the other hand, have a more concrete meaning.

Beside it, Japanese is a language that needs a lot of context, if I just say "shin" (しん/シン) without giving the necessary context, it's hard to determine what I actually want to say. All kanji below have the reading "shin"; all them in on'yomi (Chinese) reading:
新, 芯, 真, 信, 親, 疹, 心, 清, 秦, 神... and so on.

This is the biggest reason behind in the duality of シン

Talking about this "shin crossover", I also see it more as a merchandising series. I don't expect too much on this.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Discussion thread about the crossover between Evangelion, Ultraman, Godzilla and Kamen Rider. What we should expect?

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:27 pm

Some crazy idea of mine about what the SJHU could show:

The Evangelions's pilot with a Kamen Raider's forms, their bikes and costum of course will have the colors of their respective Evangelions.

A Beta Capsule that will be influenced by Shinji's blood and Eva 01's blood as well guarantees to Shinji the possibility of becoming a Ultraman capable of using the AT-Field and with the colors of Evangelion 01 Pseudo-Evolution. Shinji could use this Beta Capsule as the last resource after having get a defeat piloting the Eva 01.

Gendo Ikari that get Ultraman Belial's powers and then merged with Evangelion 13

Ultraman Belial that get a more powerful version of the Arch Belial's form by absorbing the DNA of SpaceGodzilla.

SpaceGodzilla fusion with Ramiel

King Ghidorah get the blood of angel and turn into a Kaiju/ Angel hybrid.

Godzilla will get the Eva 01's blood for beat the King Ghidorah enhanced with Angel's blood.

Mass Productions Evangelions armed with MechaGodzilla's weapons and armor.

A hybrid creature that will born by a DNA's mix between the cells of Shin Godzilla and Lilith capable of creating hybrids Failures of Infinty/ Shin Godzilla's humanoid tail creature.

The most crazy of all: Biollante that will get the DNA of both Lilth and Rei Ayanami and so get a more humanoid female look, after this Biollante will able to creating living plants that will have a female look with some Godzilla's traits( teeth, tail, dorsal spines) and two heads( one will resemble Yui Ikari when the other will resemble Erika Shiragami).

This is what I would love to see, I know that there is more chances that what I wrote would not happens and it can seem too much crazy at the point to looks like just fan-fiction material and nothing more but who knows?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat May 07, 2022 3:55 am

Seems they're releasing the first merch products for it.

https://www.palcloset.jp/shared/pc_pal/ ... /sjhu-byt/

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:07 am

Interesting, I'm very curios to see what they will show. FelipeFritschF thanks for the info.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat May 07, 2022 9:21 pm

Ultraman's arm cross is very fitting Evangelion's Christian cross. They also share other similar concepts.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 am

I don't think we'll get any movies or other "major" media projects, but I definitely see a lot of merchandizing happening. T-shirts, toy sets, dioramas, collector's soda cans, etc. I would definitely pay good money for another one of those 4-D rides with all four franchises mingling in.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”