Moderator: Board Staff

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: [Anime] Kill la Kill

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:06 am

Thanks to Kuribo-04's avatar for constantly reminding to one day watch this one, I finally took some time to binge this one, and ooh boy, what a ride it was!
Normally I kinda cringe about blatant fanservice, boob and crotch shots, it just doesn't excite me so those kind of shots while blatantly obvious why that shot is there, annoys me to no end (as in, most shonen, it definitely made me like One Piece less and less as it got more and more fanservice...).
Probably why I postponed watching this anime for so long, one look at the main character's outfit was enough to deter me.

However, I pulled through, and it isn't like I thought at all! The nudity (not actual nudity as you never really see anything), the boobs, the butts, it's part of its own twisted sense of humor. And it works!
Imo, it isn't fanservice at all, its a device used for comedic effect and does so very well.

The series is perfect as-is. It doesn't need a sequel, though I would love to see one. Like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann did, season 2 in a timeskip when the main force of the enemy arrives.
Because the life threads definitely aren't gone yet, but obviously Senketsu has to make a comeback somehow.

In any case, it would be just fine if they leave it at this, I'm satisfied.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:55 pm

Kill la Kill one of my all time favourites.
My avatar did good.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue May 10, 2022 9:20 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:In any case, it would be just fine if they leave it at this, I'm satisfied.

It got a single additional episode via OVA that isn't necessary, but ties up one or two potential loose ends. I think KLK ends perfectly well at 24, but 25 is a nice little treat. Like a single scoop of ice cream after you've finished your meal.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:17 am

The OVA/25 actually ended up one of my favourite episodes. God the nostalgia... Really nice animation too.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Studio Trigger”