GKIDS Nadia Blu-ray Release!

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

GKIDS Nadia Blu-ray Release!

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:43 am

GKIDS announces their release of The Secret of Blue Water! GKIDS was also behind the North American release for NGE, and managed to include a lot of special features and materials not before available to English speaking no audiences. I can’t wait to see what’s included with this new release!!!

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Re: GKIDS Nadia Blu-ray Release!

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:45 pm

I bought the old blu-ray set just a few years ago and feel like I wasted money now lol. Oh well, definitely picking this up anyways.

There is no Nadia movie, but if there was I would hope it gets a restoration too. Thankfully such a hypothetical movie doesn't exist, so we don't have to concern ourselves with questions of its inclusion in this new release.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:39 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:
There is no Nadia movie, but if there was I would hope it gets a restoration too. Thankfully such a hypothetical movie doesn't exist, so we don't have to concern ourselves with questions of its inclusion in this new release.

There is no such thing as a Nadia movie. And no one will ever mention it again... Image
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Yay! Really looking forward to this one!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:31 pm

For EvaGeeks in the US GKids release of NADIA: THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER is dated for August 2nd.

Until proven otherwise, I'm positive GKids has the rights to already or will get the physical media rights to the four Rebuilds to complete their acquisition of Evangelion and I wonder if GKids is going to make a try for His & Her Circumstances so that way - Gunbuster aside which Discotek got and still has scheduled for a release at some point this year - they could have all of Anno's directorial anime work under their roof? Fingers crossed cause that series falls under their wheelhouse.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 am

Happy to see Nadia get back on Blu-ray in the states with more features than the Sentai Filmworks release had about a decade ago. Too bad that it seems like we still won't get any of the Okames, but more Nadia is always good Nadia.

His & Her Circumstances is still available on DVD in the US courtesy of RightStuf/Nozomi Entertainment, though no announcement has ever been made about acquiring the licensing for the upscaled HD masters from Japan.

Honestly, I'm just glad that all of Anno's TV/OVA directorial projects will be in circulation on this side of the planet all at once.

Anno sweep is real, baby!

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:49 pm

I really like that His & Her Circumstances DVD set. The presentation could perhaps be a bit more modernized, but the way they crammed so many explanatory notes about specific lines and references into the DVD special features is really praiseworthy.

I can't even think of another anime release that's ever even bothered to do that.

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”