End of Evangelion 5.1 and 6.1 Japanese Audio Tracks.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
CSManiac33
Embryo

End of Evangelion 5.1 and 6.1 Japanese Audio Tracks.

•      
  •      

Postby CSManiac33 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:29 pm

So I noticed that Manga's DVD release of EoE actually has a 2.0, 5.1, and 6.1 audio track for both the English and Japanese audio. The DVD release of it predates the Japanese Renewal release which was the first time Japan got a 5.1 audio track for it and they have never gotten a 6.1 version. Is it known if Manga made these mixes themselves or were they given to them by Japan since for example on their D&R DVD the 5.1 option was only available on the English track.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

Re: End of Evangelion 5.1 and 6.1 Japanese Audio Tracks.

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:49 am

I believe they would've been created by Manga themselves before Japan got their 5.1 tracks in the Renewal release. It's like when watching the Manga Dub in 5.1 (Which is the one they used on the Blu-Ray discs if you have the Collector's or Ultimate), it doesn't really truly feel like a proper 5.1 mix, cause Manga was working with a Stereo mix and I'm assuming created a 5.1 mix from that.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”