DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 am

They're using it!

http://youtu.be/hgFlQq3jfWU

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Mario_Abel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mario_Abel » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:34 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote::popcorn: New Teaser Trailer!

Gokuu-san!
Acceptance.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:14 am

I saw that pic and went "FRRREEEEEEZZZAAA!" so it's funny that you would look at it and remark at the sight of the guy who's like always there anyway. :heehee:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 pm

So anyway I saw battle of the gods, while it was kinda bad, imo it was the best dbz movie I have seen them make in a long time as imo everything after coolers revenge has been varying degrees of terrible, granted I have not seen all the movies after that, but the ones I have seen were all much worse then this.

So anyway I suppose I'll go over what I liked and what I didn't like

stuff I liked

Pilafs back, I always thought it wouldve been better if he just kept on bumbling his way through the various arcs after he dissapeared still trying to get the dragon balls, so seeing him return is kind of fun.

Bills: To me Bills seems like a more likeable villain then, well pretty much all the DBZ villains, maybe just because he seems to have more of a personality.

The fight scenes:As expected these were pretty well done

Stuff that was bad:

The method for bringing out the super saiyan god was pretty dumb, almost as dumb as the fusion nonsense from the buu arc.

Everyone in this movie except for maybe Whis just seems to bumble from one situation to another without really knowing what they were doing,. I know this is nothing new in DBZ but it was especially clear here as even Bills instigated this whole thing based on a dream when he has no prior track record of precognition. So that means even the gods in the dragonball universe do this.

The comedy was hit or miss, Vegeta making a fool of himself on stage... I want to see team 4 star do a parody of that.

Speaking of Vegeta, how come he was stronger then super saiyan 3 goku? How does that work?

Tarble exists in this universe? I thought he wasn't canon, wasn't this supposed to be a continuation of the canon manga?

What was the deal with Bills being surprised about Goku beating freeza? Freeza is strong, but at this point in time even Gokus base form should probably be stronger then Freeza was when they fought. Does Bills just not know how to sense power levels?

They called out the dragon just to ask him a question? Really? I remember back when dragonballs were actually important tot he plot of this anime called dragonball z...
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:10 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Speaking of Vegeta, how come he was stronger then super saiyan 3 goku? How does that work?

He was filled with rage because Beerus hurt his wife. Rage and anger can be a very powerful
tool. This isn't much different than how Vegeta got angry at Cell for killing his son. Or how
Gohan got when Piccolo died while fighting Nappa.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:What was the deal with Bills being surprised about Goku beating freeza?

I think you might be forgetting that up until Goku becoming a SS, Freeza was considered to be
more the less the strongest being in the universe (not counting Gods and Buu of course). Even Beerus thought this
to be true.
so it make sense that he was surprised when he was killed. Someone out there stronger than
him.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Does Bills just not know how to sense power levels?

I'm not really sure or not? Maybe?
It doesn't matter anyway as Goku can suppress his power level to pretty much 0. As can the other Z-warriors.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Tarble exists in this universe? I thought he wasn't canon, wasn't this supposed to be a continuation of the canon manga?

Maybe we liked Tarble? Similar to how Toriyama liked the Bardock story and incorporated him into the manga.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:They called out the dragon just to ask him a question? Really?

What else could they do?

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:19 pm

He was filled with rage because Beerus hurt his wife. Rage and anger can be a very powerful
tool. This isn't much different than how Vegeta got angry at Cell for killing his son. Or how
Gohan got when Piccolo died while fighting Nappa.

I dunno, if rage worked that well as a streingth multiplier we wouldn't have needed Gohan to beat Cell , Vegeta getting pissed would have been enough. I don't know if these stats are canon or not but according to the stats on the superman vs Goku video ss3 is 4x stronger then ss2 which is 2x ss.Vegeta getting pissed during Trunks getting killed wasn't enough to surpass that 2x mark so I still don't buy it.

I think you might be forgetting that up until Goku becoming a SS, Freeza was considered to be
more the less the strongest being in the universe

There was also King Cold and those guys serving under Babidi.

What else could they do?

The dragon asked if that question counted as a wish, which means there was a possibility he may have given that information and may have still given a legit wish afterwards. The worst thing that could happen to them by pursuing that angle is the dragon saying no to the wish afterwards.

However in the event that was not the case what I would have done is wished to have five more humans turned into Saiyans then they could have had two super saiyan gods to fight Bills. Of course that wouldn't happen , one because on a writing level it would have taken the movie in some weird direction and two because dbz characters are bad at thinking outside the box. But the point is that at this point the dragons sort of turned from something that was important to the story into a deus ex machina to fix things, or in this case a glorified exposition plot device.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:50 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:I dunno, if rage worked that well as a streingth multiplier we wouldn't have needed Gohan to beat Cell , Vegeta getting pissed would have been enough.

You are right. It doesn't work well as a strength multiplier, and it's not meant to. (at least in the long haul)
The fighter gets a quick 'power boost' then it's back to normal stats.

Vegeta did not have the power to take down Cell, Gohan did and Goku saw that.

View Original PostDefectron wrote: would have done is wished to have five more humans turned into Saiyans then they could have had two super saiyan gods to fight Bills.

The odd thing was Shenron only handed out 1 wish. If you remember during the Cell games Denede
upgraded the DBs to 2 wishes. Shenron stiffed them :lol:
or most likely Toriyama forgot that part.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:There was also King Cold and those guys serving under Babidi.

We never really knew the true strength of Cold. Maybe he was weaker then his son? Or maybe
more stronger? Also Dabura was differently the most powerful (of Babidis men). The rest were just low levels -
nothing compared to his master, lord Freeza

- Suicidahlia

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 am

Toriyama wishes us a happy 2015:
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:34 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:
We never really knew the true strength of Cold. Maybe he was weaker then his son? Or maybe
more stronger? Also Dabura was differently the most powerful (of Babidis men). The rest were just low levels -
nothing compared to his master, lord Freeza

It was stated in the anime at least that Cold was the stronger of the two even after Freeza upgraded, I don't remember if that was in the manga though. As for Babidis men besides Dabura, Yakkon was able to give Goku a bit of trouble. We don't know how strong Pui Pui was compared to Freeza though, Vegeta beat him without going super saiyan but at that point I'm sure he could have done the same to freeza as well. So it's unclear which of the two would be more powerful. Babidi at least initially thought Pui Pui might have a decent chance, so one could guess that Pui Pui is a decently strong guy just not at Vegetas level at that point. Either that or Babidi is just an idiot.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote: Babidi at least initially thought Pui Pui might have a decent
chance, so one could guess that Pui Pui is a decently strong guy just not at Vegetas level
at that point. Either that or Babidi is just an idiot.

I'm sure that Pui Pui could give the human Z warriors a little run for their money.
Pretty much all of Babidi's fighters were the strongest in their respected worlds.
So seeing Pui Pui up against someone like Tien or perhaps even Piccolo would be a treat in my book

- Suicidahlia

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:46 pm

The S.H. Figuarts of the Sailor Moon girls take up enough shelf space where I don't think about the Tamashii Buddies but~

Seems like a cool deal so passing this on:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:06 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:as imo everything after coolers revenge has been varying degrees of terrible

have you seen
return of cooler
bojack unbound
wrath of the dragon?
cus thoose i thought where the absolute best of the dbz movies along with revenge.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:40 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:have you seen
return of cooler
bojack unbound
wrath of the dragon?
cus thoose i thought where the absolute best of the dbz movies along with revenge.

Return of cooler was alright as far as dbz movies go but imo it had a lot more problems then the movies before it and was kind of the beginning of the decline in quality of dbz movies. I haven't seen Bojack, I did see the edited dub version of wrath of the dragon on nickelodeon and didn't care for it, I don't know how much better the original version is.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:05 pm

New Goku's form looks like the fanart i was seeing on the internet when i was still in school.

Dragon Ball AF anyone?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:20 am

Super freizas power level has a lot of zeros

https://www.facebook.com/readmangahere/ ... 06/?type=1

I tried to put that number into my computer calculator, because I wanted to devide it by 100, master Roshi blew up the moon at a power level of around 100 so the largest object super frieza could destroy should be whatever the hell that number is devided by 100, but the calculator wouldnt let me put in more then 18 zeros.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 pm

:O

Is there a silver version too? Oh, wait, Cooler's got that covered.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 pm

ok according to this page the number that is super freezas level is 100 quintillion

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_number_with_20_zeros

So this is all pretty straightforeward, it seems that the largest object super freeza is capable of destroying should be around a quintillion times larger then the moon.

Now I wonder what sort of object that would be... might even put a black hole to shame.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Dragonball Ball

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:03 am

I'm confused as to what Dragon Ball Super Heroes is supposed to be; it's like, they gave up trying to write a main series, and just settled formodular "what if" scenarios you normally see in Video Game ONAs.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes Ultra God Mission is the latest one and they're doing a tournament arc. And now I'm confused by... why is Yamcha here?

Do the writers not know who Yamcha is? Yes, he looks like a slight pallet swapped Goku, but he's actually a human, even older than Goku, whose weaker than Krillin.

And didn't have a training arc in Super, because Master Roshi was more "nostalgic" as a candidate.

... are you going to kill him? Feels like that's only option, and yet, that's also been done before. That's a weird thing to call back to.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Dragonball

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:39 am

I personally gave up on Super after the Goku Black Saga. It had it moments, but it the worst ending to any saga in the history of the show that killed any goodwill they had built previously. To continue watching, I would have to accept the existence the Omni King (2 of them by that point) and the choice of bringing back Frieza a 2nd time. I could not do that, and based on the summary of what came after that, I'm glad I didn't continue.

The biggest effect DBS had on me is it made me appreciate DB GT. That's an accomplishment in itself, but at least that show had a decent ending.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Dragonball Ball

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:07 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:I'm confused as to what Dragon Ball Super Heroes is supposed to be

To answer your question pretty quickly, it's a promotional anime aimed at selling cards and nothing else. The story (if you can even call it that) is an absurd by design. It's all about giving the audience some pretty random battles that wouldn't exist otherwise (Super, GT and movie crossovers, pretty much). It distances itself from the serious, but light hearted Dragon Ball (action/gag manga focused on martial arts and the story of how Son Goku met people, changed their lives). Instead tacking the weird side of the franchise (transformations and random villains, mostly introduced by Toei in their movies).
It's shit and almost nobody likes it. It's funny to laugh at it, though and it has some good segments of animation here and there.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Return to “Anime and Manga”