Identifying counterfeit goods

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
KaoShinForever
Embryo

Identifying counterfeit goods

•      
  •      

Postby KaoShinForever » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:37 am

Hello, guys. I need some help regarding identifying offical vs unoffical goods.
My friend told me that she once saw this post that says if the © mark of the merchandise is ©カラー then it is fake, and if the mark says ©khara.
But I saw that goods from the official yahoo Japan store of evangelion all have ©カラー. Then the former (©カラー) one is real, right? cuz one of my friend believed that the ©khara is the real one so she only bought goods with that mark..... RIP...just in case...

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Identifying counterfeit goods

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:28 am

In Japan the studio name is often written in katakana, it is more convenient for them; you will see the "©khara" mark in the west (sometimes in Japan too).

The picture below is an official product and has the copyright mark "©カラー" in it (source: EVANGELION STORE Yahoo! Shopping):
SPOILER: Show
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

KaoShinForever
Embryo

Re: Identifying counterfeit goods

•      
  •      

Postby KaoShinForever » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:31 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:In Japan the studio name is often written in katakana, it is more convenient for them, you will see the "©khara" mark in the west (sometimes in Japan too).

The picture below is an official product and has the copyright mark "©カラー" (source: EVANGELION STORE Yahoo! Shopping):
SPOILER: Show

Oh, that's what happened, Thank you so much for the info!!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”