GKids releasing NGE Blu-Ray in North America 2021

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
heavyR
Embryo

Re: GKids releasing NGE Blu-Ray in North America 2021

•      
  •      

Postby heavyR » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Did you go ahead and order the replacement disc before receiving your Ultimate Edition? If so I need to order one, I was waiting to see if they were going to include the replacement disc in the sets that still haven’t shipped in the US.
Last edited by heavyR on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 pm

The replacement disc was for my Standard Edition. I don’t know what the Ultimate Edition has in store for me.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Well, I got the Disc 5 replacement fairly quickly,

All The Anime haven't said anything about this yet. I've just emailed them to see if they're going to do the same as GKids. I'll want two copies, as I also bought a Standard Edition as a present for a friend.

From the looks of things, it seems like the UK isn’t suffering from the same supply chain issues, but DOES seem to have the same masters and the GKIDS release.

There was only a limited number of UK Ultimate Edition sets at the release date - I ordered within hours, so I was in the first tranche of deliveries. I don't know if more have gone out yet.

The masters are the same, I guess, except that the UK disks are made with "All The Anime" branding displayed in the opening menus.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:50 pm

AllTheAnime have now replied and told me they are making new disks and are collecting details from those who want them. They don't appear to be making any anouncement, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

bulwhark
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bulwhark » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 am

Just got an email from Gkids that shipping for the Ultimate Edition starts January 25th. Gonna have to keep an eye out for the FedEx truck since it will require a signature.

heavyR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby heavyR » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 am

January 25 came and went, did anyone get a shipping notification?

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:35 pm

View Original PostheavyR wrote:January 25 came and went, did anyone get a shipping notification?

Yeah, and I'm currently tracking it via FedEx.
Après moi le déluge!

heavyR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby heavyR » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm

I just got my update about 10 minutes ago, FedEx states it will be here January 28, so fingers crossed! FedEx isn't allowing this to be signed for online ahead of time, so I have to keep an eye/ear out for the delivery truck.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 pm

Is there any way to reschedule delivery with FedEx? I'll be at work the day it delivers...

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:10 pm

Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

bulwhark
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bulwhark » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:06 pm

Just got my Ultimate Edition and yep, subtitles are missing. But my god this thing is beautiful.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:22 pm

Yep, my disc didn't have subtitles, so had to fill out the form.

Anyway, my impressions on the set:

Thrilled they translated most of the material from the Japanese BD booklet.
Not thrilled at how hard it is to get discs out--I might actually store them in my old see-through-red tree of life Japanese DVD set.
The Sachiel & Lanyard trinkets are useless to me.
Kinda don't like the redundancy of images; the pics on the disc sleeves could've been different from the giant art cards.
Why wouldn't you put the big cast pic on two separate cards so people could conjoin them and display the whole pic if they wanted to? Baffling.

Other than that, it's a wonderful set and it's neat to have nearly all the LD and DVD art in one package.
Après moi le déluge!

penguintruth
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby penguintruth » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:43 pm

Just got my Ultimate Edition today. So heavy! I watched the first couple of episodes to spot check. Looks great. And I was already sent the replacement disc, so I'm in business.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:45 pm

Mine is supposed to be here by the end of the day today, but it’s looking like it’ll be Monday instead.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:53 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Mine is supposed to be here by the end of the day today, but it’s looking like it’ll be Monday instead.

Yeah, my original quoted delivery day ended up being wrong by a day or two. Fedex only gets accurate once they're physically handling the package.
Après moi le déluge!

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:06 pm

Got mine today, asked someone to wait at home to receive it for me, and surprise, the Fed Ex deliverer didn't ask for a signature. Now to find out where the hell I'm gonna put this thing.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm

backseatjesus wrote:Now to find out where the hell I'm gonna put this thing.

I feel your pain :) Mine is currently on top of my bookcase but I need to find a better place for it...

Anyways, I couldn't me any happier with it, I love this thing. Thinking about getting some frames for the artwork.

Looking forward to never having to watch my Manga Entertainment copy of EoE again!
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:09 am

I just unboxed it. I'm pretty sure this thing is heavier than my Ingmar Bergman box set and that weighs 8 pounds if I remember correctly. And as needless as the paper weight is, it's actually well made.

heavyR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby heavyR » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:04 pm

The set looks awesome, not much of a complaint aside from feeling that some of it is overall unnecessary. I have not had a chance to check the discs, I'll probably dive into all the bonus content this upcoming weekend. Honestly, I feel like in hindsight I could have gotten by with just the Collectors Edition solely based on size/form factor. The whole set is neat, but I really would have liked a "normal" copy to keep with other discs on the shelf. I collect vinyl records, mostly black metal and other related genres, and have several oversized box sets (Moonblood, Vlad Tepes, Conqueror, Order from Chaos, etc.). I typically pull the records out and store them on the shelf with normal records and just leave the box sitting on top of the shelf. In this case I would need to get some blank DVD cases to store the discs in if I wanted to have handy shelf copies. Anyone have links to any custom DVD/BluRay sized layouts that could be used?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:56 pm

So the Deluxe edition includes a 156-page book and, thankfully, it seems to include all the tidbits of information previously available on the Newtype Filmbooks, Chronicle and such, which as we know are recycled from book to book. Case in point, this trivia I've known only to be previously available on Filmbook Vol 1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... sn=wiwspmo

With that said, most of this information remained untranslated, or simply not available online - there is an official English (and French) translation of Essential Chronicle, but nobody scanned it. So it is, I'd say, a priority to get them scanned as soon as possible.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”