Which Angels will appear in the remaining films?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
eva unit 04
Embryo

Which Angels will appear in the remaining films?

•      
  •      

Postby eva unit 04 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am

Going to make this a general thread for speculation on Angels for the remaining films. -Reichu

okay, so this is my first post and first new topic(milestone moment ^_^)
i have been reading these forums for a while now and finally decided to join.

basically in this topic you can just talk about what angels you think(or in some cases know) are going to be in the next movie.
so here we go!

i just recently re-watched the leliel episode (forgot name and number T_T) , and noticed that the scene from the new trailer of Misato stopping ritsuko is pretty much the same as the one in the episode!which means that leliel may well be a part of the new movie.sorry if this has already been mentioned!
will add signature soon ^_<

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby zeaven » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:22 am

(in before "there is already a topic for this")

Israfel: skipping Gaghiel, we can immediately place Asuka and Shinji together (after a bit of initial tension) so they can be even more like "wtf? why do we have to work together?) (it always seemed a bit stupid that they had already worked together on Gaghiel and expressed disinterest in doing it again)

Leliel: first "wtf" moment, and tension at NERV over Shinji's rescue

Bardiel: signifies a dramatic turn in the series, so this one's a must.

Zeruel: continues the descent into madness, so this one's a must.

I also considered Ireul, because it would show some NERV/Gehirn background, but it's unnecessary because they've already "blown their load" so to speak in the first movie by explaining some of this stuff.

And for the record, I actually think 2.0 will take a drastically different turn, making this analysis irrelevant. But fanwank on, fanwankers!
Underneath it all, we feel so small
The heavens fall, but still we crawl...

eva unit 04
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby eva unit 04 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:28 am

interetsting stuff! sorry, i didnt know there was a topic for this , i'm new!i think what you said about skipping gaghiel may be the route they decide to take on this, it would make a interesting change of plot
will add signature soon ^_<

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:09 pm

I give this two more posts before the anal retentive forum elders lock it up for invalid reasons.

Anywho, I figure from trailer it could be Gaghiel, Leliel, Bardiel, and Zeurel all in one flick.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:I give this two more posts before the anal retentive forum elders lock it up for invalid reasons.

Wait...what? Forum Elders can lock threads? Damn, I've got some spamming to do so I may have this power as well!

@Topic- Not that it matters, but Zeruel, Israfel, and Arael are the ones I'd like to see, though it's probably still too early for them to show up.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 pm

Whuzzat? I'm a forum elder and I don't have locking powers...

Crap, I knew Aaron hated me.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:40 pm

He clearly meant mods guys.

omega_cc
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby omega_cc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:35 pm

you know what would be the best turn for evangelion? Asuka not going suicidal, and parring with Shinji's sync rate and Rei can go sit in a corner and eat cheese. sorry rei-lovers but Asuka is the shizzles. :D

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 pm

omega_cc wrote:you know what would be the best turn for evangelion? Asuka not going suicidal, and parring with Shinji's sync rate and Rei can go sit in a corner and eat cheese. sorry rei-lovers but Asuka is the shizzles. :D
Dear freaking God; you're being serious, aren't you?

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 pm

omega_cc wrote:you know what would be the best turn for evangelion? Asuka not going suicidal, and parring with Shinji's sync rate and Rei can go sit in a corner and eat cheese. sorry rei-lovers but Asuka is the shizzles. :D

Fair treatment of all characters is the One Way around here.

Shlick-shack!

We accept no exceptions.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Hah. You said "shlick".

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:51 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:I give this two more posts before the anal retentive forum elders lock it up for invalid reasons.

Anywho, I figure from trailer it could be Gaghiel, Leliel, Bardiel, and Zeurel all in one flick.

AWESOME! I DID SEE THE TRAILER ONCE, but i didnt see any angels!I WONDER WAT ZERUEL WOULD LOOK! CANT WAIT!!!!!! :) :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:24 am

Now, now, I'm sure that Rei loves cheese.

(Seriously, though- I REALLY do think that Anno is aiming to derail our expectations; and that probably means messing with angel expectations. I think the whole story is going to veer off in a totally unprecedented direction.)

Barinax
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Barinax » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 pm

...I'd sort of prefer to see all the angels in their Rebuild glory.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm

@ Barinax not going to happen I think

as for Asuka not going insane I dont think she'll be spared unless annos going an entirly new way
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:08 pm

we all know that there will be 12 angels in total in rebuild, those already confirmed are: Adam, Lilith, Sachiel, Shamshel, Ramiel and Kaworu

its almost certain that zeruel and bardiel will be present in 2.0 with a possible Israfel or Leliel, so that leaves 3 or 4 left for the other movies

Gaghiel, Sahaquiel, Sandalphon, Matarael and Iruel will probably be scrapped

which leaves only Arael and Arimsael, so there are still 1 or 2 angels left unnaccounted for... new ones perhaps?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:25 pm

That had been decided long ago.

We have no idea what Angels will turn up, apart from Bardiel. Zeruel appears to be in, or another Angel/iteration of him that causes Shinji to go boso and dissolve in the Eva. Apart from that, we have no solid confirmation for Zeruel or any other Angel.

There might be a non-MOTW Angel created specifically for the second movie, or it might be ONLY Zeruel and Bardiel, for all you know.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:40 pm

in any case its going to be interesting finding out :D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Ignore any misspellings: Gaghiel, Israfel, Leliel, Bardiel, and Zeruel are my bets.

Plus Glasses Girl=New SoL. :P (I like my theory so there.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:32 am

Sailor Star Dust (extract from split post) wrote:Anyway, uh, "Back on topic bitches!" to borrow a phrase from our "departed" Ojisan.

Ojisan is browsing the Discussion board as I type...

Anyway, I expect the 8 remaining angels to come in a 3-3-2 format, with three angels for the next two movies, and 2 for the end. Or a 4-3-1 format, which allows maximum madness to happen at the end.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”