Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Making things mobile friendly is a lot bigger a task than fiddling around with some page content I'm afraid. We're running quite old software that isn't exactly intended to be viewed on mobile, and a while ago the CSS we're running broke (alongside the CSS of a whole bunch of other sites, the external framework we were relying on got depublished (I think?) and it left us completely without one; anything to make the wiki more mobile friendly would require substantial changes to the backend.
If you have the skillset and dedication for that, by all means do get back to us, we've been looking to fix that for a while, but everyone we have who can do it doesn't have the time to do so
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SID412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SID412 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:35 pm

Hello. I have been visiting this wiki for a few years now, and I would like to update the wiki with all the new information that came with Shin Evangelion/3.0+1.0, as well as clean up/improve the grammar and flow of any articles that I come across. I might also add a few higher-res images replacing the some of the stamp-sized ones (like the ones in the "A selection of images of Eva Unit-02" section of Unit-02's page).

Thank you.

DoctorX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DoctorX » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm

I’d like to be a scribe, mostly to fix minor mistakes I noticed on the wiki.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:57 am

Do you folks have more to add than just fixing grammar and minor mistakes?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

SID412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SID412 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:51 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Do you folks have more to add than just fixing grammar and minor mistakes?

Like I said, I'd like to update pages across the entire wiki with information and images from Thrice Upon A Time, apart from the minor mistakes and such. I can also replace some of the tiny thumbnail images from the show (Like the ones in NGE Unit-02's page), and I can try some better hyperlinking as well. For example, there's no direct way to access the NTE Unit-02 page, either having to go through the link at the top of NGE Unit-02's article, or going through the "quick access" category box at the end of every page. Even that has two variants, a green banner one for NGE Evas and a red banner one for NTE Evas, but the former has a section and listings for Evas from NTE as well (https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Mark.09), even though the NTE version is much more expanded and robust (https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Mark.04). Some NTE pages even use the green banner one, evidently not updated since 3.0's release. Cleaning up links and redirects etc. will take some time, but I'm willing to do it, slowly if not surely.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:39 am

View Original PostSID412 wrote:For example, there's no direct way to access the NTE Unit-02 page, either having to go through the link at the top of NGE Unit-02's article, or going through the "quick access" category box at the end of every page.

Blockio had been working on that but he's been busy. If you could help out with this and all the other stuff you listed, I'd be very grateful.

I'll send you a verification email. You should have it in your inbox soon.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

SID412
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SID412 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:12 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original PostSID412#930885 wrote:For example, there's no direct way to access the NTE Unit-02 page, either having to go through the link at the top of NGE Unit-02's article, or going through the "quick access" category box at the end of every page.

Blockio had been working on that but he's been busy. If you could help out with this and all the other stuff you listed, I'd be very grateful.

I'll send you a verification email. You should have it in your inbox soon.

I'm in! Thanks, I'll start contributing as soon as I get free. Would you like me to talk with Blockio, and get up to speed with their work?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:05 am

Great! Blockio is one of the other wiki admins and an all-around great guy. If you could get up to speed with his work and his plans for the mecha pages, that would be awesome!

ninlink
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ninlink » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:49 am

Hello! Not really sure what to say here but wanted to edit some pages that didn't have some updated info we got from 3+1 and said to post here for permission!

hayao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hayao » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:01 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Do you folks have more to add than just fixing grammar and minor mistakes?

Would also like to help adding new information from Shin. I think there are a bunch of topics which still need a new site like
SPOILER: Show
Village-3 or new information to AAA-Wunder or Kaworu.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:56 pm

While I don't doubt your enthusiasm, I'm a little concerned about your English grammar. English is the common language used on the wiki , with the exception of the Turkish-language articles written by mbselvitopu. Many, if not most, of the contributors to the wiki are not native English speakers, but their sentence construction and use of English phrases and terms is very good and they are able to express themselves clearly. Otherwise, we have instances of people whose writing has to be rewritten, and that is often equivalent to writing an entirely new article. If you can guarantee that your writing is grammatically correct (such as by posting the text that you want to include in the wiki in this thread), I can add you on.

hayao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hayao » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:00 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:While I don't doubt your enthusiasm, I'm a little concerned about your English grammar. English is the common language used on the wiki , with the exception of the Turkish-language articles written by mbselvitopu. Many, if not most, of the contributors to the wiki are not native English speakers, but their sentence construction and use of English phrases and terms is very good and they are able to express themselves clearly. Otherwise, we have instances of people whose writing has to be rewritten, and that is often equivalent to writing an entirely new article. If you can guarantee that your writing is grammatically correct (such as by posting the text that you want to include in the wiki in this thread), I can add you on.

Welp, I can see your concerns. My English on the last posts has not quite been on an all time high. But I will also point out that my writing on forums is (linguistically speaking) not really something I think about much, while a text for the wiki would of course be much more thought threw. I consume and do pretty much everything in English except speaking to people I know in real life. But still, writing for evageeks would probably be my first time really using English in terms of writing stuff myself outside of school. That being said, I will come around another time and send an example for a text with my next application.
Thank you anyways.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Honestly, if that last post is representative of how you write, you'll do perfectly fine. Ultimately the wiki is meant to be read by everyone, not justfolks with an immaculate grasp on English, so unless you're writing super involved deep dives into the technical aspects and the like, you'll manage
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Yes, that last post has me convinced too. Either I or Blockio will send you a registration email once the wiki is back up (there's a server error right now so I can't add you immediately).

hayao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hayao » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:50 am

Thanks a bunch! :D I will start writing as soon as I find the time.

dopamine
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dopamine » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 am

Hi!
sorry for the disturbance xoxoxo
i saw in evageeks that yall need a volunteer for "Art Director"..
pretty snazzy title if I say so myself! XD
anyways,,, I know art well enough to at least try to help.
thank you for your time!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:08 pm

uhh.. whut? We do need a lot of things, but an art director is not among these. Afraid I have not the faintest what you mean.

dopamine
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dopamine » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:28 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:uhh.. whut? We do need a lot of things, but an art director is not among these. Afraid I have not the faintest what you mean.

sorry, I thought that was on the needed page on evawiki??? sorry if I misunderstood...
https://ibb.co/SJfhyH0 <--- image of what I saw

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:17 pm

(after some talk on the discord, this whole thing has sorted itself out; welcome aboard, dopamine!)

tglover1998
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tglover1998 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Hello, I'm new here. :)

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”