Was Asuka right about Shinji?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Zer0_Stars_DS
Embryo

Was Asuka right about Shinji?

•      
  •      

Postby Zer0_Stars_DS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:57 pm

In The End of Evangelion, Asuka says that Shinji is interested in her purely for selfish reasons, that he's incapable of real love and only wants to use her as an emotional crutch, that anyone would do. He doesn't deny it, there's even evidence in episode 21 when he fantasizes seeing all the women naked inviting him to become one with them, uttering the same thing over and over with little discrepencies. Was she really right about him though? or just projecting onto him?

The18°angel
Lilith

Re: Was Asuka right about Shinji?

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:01 am

it is a rare case of projecting and being right. a moment before saying that she says that if it can't be to have him completely then she doesn't want anything from him and Shinji only replies that she should treat him better then.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Was Asuka right about Shinji?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 am

Maybe. There's probably an aspect of it.
Characters in EoE are accusing each other of the worst though. As happens in tense situations.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”